Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Booking Icelandair as Jet Blue codeshare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital

I'm considering booking Icelandair flights, JFK-KEF-JFK, through JetBlue, which codeshares on at least some flights to KEF.

From what I see on the JetBlue reservations pages, JFK-KEF and KEF-JFK are actual codeshares with B6 flight numbers. Does this mean, if booked this way, that they earn TrueBlue points?

For clarity: there are no codeshares showing for routings via KEF to Europe. JetBlue seems happy to book Icelandair reservations for those, but on FI flight numbers. The codeshares are only to/from KEF.

And if I book as JetBlue codeshares, would the Icelandair "Class Up" option potentially be available? It seems not to be offered for all bookings or all flights, even when booked directly with FI.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Members will earn three (3) points per dollar spent on any individual flight operated by JetBlue.
I would not expect codeshare flights to earn.

I'd avoid the codeshare unless there is a material difference in price.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 4:05 pm

Programs: GE
Isn't the only trueblue partner hawaiian? That is, you can earn/spend points on hawaiian but no where else?

Also I wonder if FI codeshare booked through B6 on the jetblue plus card earns 6x points?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 9:36 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
According to this thread, you can earn on Singapore Airlines as well, but the mileage crediting system between the two carriers doesn't exist, and you'll have to request the miles to be posted manually, and both airlines will give you a runaround as neither knows how to do it.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Icelandair miles can be credited to Alaska or Finnair -- or, of course, to Saga, the Icelandair program. The issue is that I'd prefer to credit them to the program of an airline that I am likely to fly with more often.
Old May 17, 2017, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

Icelandair flights can now be credited to JetBlue, vv.

Quincy, MA, May 4, 2017 - Icelandair and JetBlue today announce the start of a new frequent flyer partnership which provides their customers the ability to earn points on flights between the carriers.This agreement, now in effect, will allow Icelandair Saga Club members to earn Saga Points on JetBlue flights, while members of TrueBlue can earn TrueBlue Points on Icelandair flights. Saga Club members will also earn Card Points on JetBlue flights towards elite status level. Simply include your Saga Club number when booking your JetBlue flight to earn Points.
http://www.icelandair.us/news/story/...r-partnership/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.