Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2016, 11:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Buy-up to Mint?

How do you do that, online?
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Not 100% sure if it is possible by doing a "change itinerary" online and getting the upgrade without a change fee. Shouldn't be a problem at all on the phone.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Dieuwer
How do you do that, online?
Call in. Buy up fee is price difference btw current Mint $ and your ticket $.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:21 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Troopers
Call in. Buy up fee is price difference btw current Mint $ and your ticket $.
I called in twice (after the first rep hung up on me). The second rep didn't know how to do it.

Originally Posted by sbm12
Not 100% sure if it is possible by doing a "change itinerary" online and getting the upgrade without a change fee. Shouldn't be a problem at all on the phone.
After talking to the second rep, I went online and selected the "change itinerary" button. In the list of flights, it showed me the option "upsell to Mint" without change fee.
Now however I am wondering how to get my EMS seat fee refunded...
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
I called in twice (after the first rep hung up on me). The second rep didn't know how to do it.

After talking to the second rep, I went online and selected the "change itinerary" button. In the list of flights, it showed me the option "upsell to Mint" without change fee.
You've done better than I have. I keep getting this message:

"We were unable to process your request. Please try again later."
Old Aug 23, 2016, 1:33 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by Yahtzee
You've done better than I have. I keep getting this message:

"We were unable to process your request. Please try again later."
I see that message regularly. I think B6 has serious capacity issues on the back end of their site.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 6:15 am

From B6 FAQ EMS, seems it is not refundable since you choose another seat, yah a seat that was more than an EMS seat. I would talk to someone and play the customer service roulette game of hanging up and calling back.

Are Even More Space charges refundable?
Currently, all Even More Space charges are refunded to the original form of payment should you need to change or cancel your flight. Charges are also refunded if JetBlue cancels your flight due to an operational disruption and cannot seat you in an Even More Space seat on your reaccommodated flight. However, all charges are forfeited if you paid for an Even More Space seat and later select a seat other than an Even More Space seat, or if you do not show up for your flight and have a pre-reserved Even More Space seat.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 7:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Brighton Line
I would talk to someone and play the customer service roulette game of hanging up and calling back.
Called JetBlue. According to the CSR, getting a refund is possible. I should see it on my credit card account in 5-10 business days.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:05 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I've had to call to do this as well. I believe the policy says the same thing about Mint seats being non-refundable but the rep I spoke with a while back gave me the impression it's handled case by case.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:20 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Yes, it should be refundable if you upgrade to Mint. It is just not refundable if you either don't show up for the flight or if you buy an EMS seat and then move to a non EMS seat for whatever reason (ie to sit next to somebody else that did not want to pay the EMS fee).
Old Dec 13, 2016, 2:05 pm

Programs: AGR Select Exec, MR Plat, B6 Mosaic, UA Silver
Does B6 sell DOD Mint ugprades at anything other than price difference between curent fare and Mint? Curious if they do anything to fill open seats. Would love to fly Mint, but not paying that much more out of pocket.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I believe so, and I've heard that the price is something like $350, although I'm not sure if that was the actual fare difference at the time.

If you want to upgrade to Mint, do it ASAP because it will most likely fill up before you get to the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.