Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why JetBlue has only DFW-BOS

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Why JetBlue has only DFW-BOS

Due to recent point match with VA promo jet blue got my attention...I mostly fly AA being at DFW. Looking at their route network, they seem to have only DFW-BOS nonstop which pretty much limits connection options from DFW.

Just curious to know, it would have made lot of sense to have DFW-FLL, DFW-JFK and DFW-LGB nonstops atleast to serve good number of destinations out of DFW.

Do you guys think this will happen anytime soon or I am just dreaming? Or they have given up on DFW/DAL due to strong presence of AA and WN?
Old Aug 11, 2016, 3:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by techoin
Or they have given up on DFW/DAL due to strong presence of AA and WN?
More like haven't developed it than given up on it. But competition is strong. I wouldn't be too surprised to see FLL add in the coming year as B6 ramps up that hub and takes new aircraft. I'd be surprised to see LGB or JFK.

JetBlue mostly does O/D traffic, not connections. That's the focus of the network planning team because that's what it sells best. The DFW-BOS service is likely weighted towards Boston rather than the Metroplex.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 4:58 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
NYC is probably out for the time being. With the three legacy carriers at DFW + VX and WN at DAL now that the Wright Amendment is gone, I'd imagine it's a bloodbath for the time being.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 10:29 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Having flown this route, the loads seem to be VERY good, with the planes almost always full. Every now and then (once or twice a year) they attack AA's hubs (particularly DFW) with low fares. I think JetBlue operates this route because they know there is demand, and they know that they can squat this slot/route/gate for future expansion.
Old Aug 11, 2016, 11:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Virgin America Gold, Virgin Atlantic Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, B6 Mosaic, HHonors Gold
There is no business reason to enter the Dallas market. It's a race to the bottom, fare-wise, there. Great for fliers based there!
Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
Originally Posted by sbm12
More like haven't developed it than given up on it. But competition is strong. I wouldn't be too surprised to see FLL add in the coming year as B6 ramps up that hub and takes new aircraft. I'd be surprised to see LGB or JFK.

JetBlue mostly does O/D traffic, not connections. That's the focus of the network planning team because that's what it sells best. The DFW-BOS service is likely weighted towards Boston rather than the Metroplex.
interesting. DFW-FLL will be great as it will open up all the Caribbean destinations.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:33 am

I've flown this route a few times for work and the loads have always seemed high. Kind of a crummy experience flying into terminal E though at DFW...
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I would venture to guess a lot of the Dallas traffic from NY is connecting on AA or WN. Whereas the HOU and AUS routes are more final destinations. I've been on both those routes in the past 6 months and loads were high.

B6 seems to like testing new non-transcon routes out of BOS rather than JFK. They did it with BNA most recently too when there is a NY market for that route as well.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
They did it with BNA most recently too when there is a NY market for that route as well.
NYC-BNA is served by AA, DL, WN and UA with multiple flights daily to all three NYC-area airports. It would be a much more competitive market to break in to than BOS-BNA where WN was the only competition (DL is joining next year). BOS and FLL (which also got BNA service) are also less constrained operations than JFK which gives more flexibility to tinker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.