Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mosaic booking question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2016, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Mosaic booking question

Hi,

I'm Mosaic right now but won't prequalify for 2017. If I now in 2016 book flight in Feb 2017 are some advantages being carried over?
- free booze > not a big deal as the plane departs early morning
- even more speed > will buy EMS anyway
- free cancellation > that is the most important .... can I cancel for free at all / only during 2016 or until the flight?

Thanks,
Marc
Old Aug 7, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
If you don't requalify, all benefits expire at the end of this year.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
If you don't requalify, all benefits expire at the end of this year.
I know that I don't get drinks etc.

BUT what happens to existing bookings? So at 12/31 I could cancel without panelty and starting 1/1 that would be gone?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 7:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by blitzen
So at 12/31 I could cancel without panelty and starting 1/1 that would be gone?
I believe this is correct. It is a waiver of fee for someone with status, not that the ticket purchased has no fee. But I do believe you get the 2 free bags still as that's part of what you purchase with the ticket. Semantics, I know, but it matters.
Old Aug 10, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA, ICH, Avis, SPG
what is the free cancellation policy? do i need to call to cancel it? does my credit card get refunded? can i cancel online? many thanks
Old Aug 11, 2016, 6:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OAK AAFlier
what is the free cancellation policy? do i need to call to cancel it? does my credit card get refunded? can i cancel online? many thanks
If you are mosaic there are no cancellation fees > look at the cancellation conditions
You can have it refunded to your cc or added to your travel bank
I could do it online last time but this time they want me to call > but I think that is a website hiccup
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by blitzen
If you are mosaic there are no cancellation fees > look at the cancellation conditions
You can have it refunded to your cc or added to your travel bank
Unless something has changed, that info is incorrect. Cancelling your non-refundable ticket puts the money back in your travel bank for Mosaic members. Only cancelling within 24 hours of booking (available to all customers) can the ticket be refunded to the original form of payment.

So while you don't actually get the $ back for cancelling a non-refundable seat, you do have a year to use the funds from your travel bank before they expire. As a Mosaic member, that should be easy to accomplish...
Old Aug 11, 2016, 9:33 am
Original Poster

I stand corrected (last time I did it must have been just inside the 24h mark)

Additional Change/Cancellation Terms (all fares): For changes, any applicable fare difference will be charged in addition to the change fee and are subject to availability. Cancellations are for a JetBlue flight credit only, valid for a JetBlue flight within one (1) year from the date of cancellation. If you do not change/cancel before scheduled departure and you "no show" all money for the reservation is forfeited. JetBlue change and cancellation fees will be waived for Mosaic members and those who are on the same itinerary as the Mosaic member.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 2:15 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I'm not sure once a pax loses Mosaic status, does B6 have the IT processes in place to update the PNR so it no longer reflects Mosaic to an agent?

If not, you might be able to do a same day change or check bags for free.

However, even if the PNR doesn't update, you might have a hard time callin in for free changes & cancels:
1. I think general reservations agents are told not to touch a PNR for a Mosaic; and
2. When you call the Mosaic line, you can't even get to a Mosaic agent until you enter in and the system validates your Mosaic TV#. If you don't put in a valid Mosaic# you get routed out to general reservation sales.

I'm not sure though maybe you could do a change/cancel on the web site.

that being said, they very well may have a process to sweep all the PNR's and update status. Although, B6 isn't known for its rock solid IT, so you have at least a 50 50 chance they don't have the IT mechanism to sweep all the PNR's.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 3:01 pm

Main reason I think free bags will stick is that it is listed as 2 free in the purchase receipt and the DoT is unlikely to look fondly on airlines changing that after a ticket is purchased, regardless of reason. Ditto for EMS priority security access.

The other benefits are all defined as exceptions/exemptions from the fees based on status at the time of the request AFAIK.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by jetsetter
I'm not sure once a pax loses Mosaic status, does B6 have the IT processes in place to update the PNR so it no longer reflects Mosaic to an agent?
I know B6 IT is awful but a PNR is tied to the TB number. That is what tells the PNR if someone is Mosaic or not. So if you book now for 2017, the boarding pass in 2017 should no longer reflect a Mosaic status.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I know B6 IT is awful but a PNR is tied to the TB number. That is what tells the PNR if someone is Mosaic or not. So if you book now for 2017, the boarding pass in 2017 should no longer reflect a Mosaic status.
It depends. The system can either pull the current status at the time the booking is made and then store that in the PNR, saving process cycles and DB queries over time. Or it can query the status at various points in the transaction process (e.g. check-in, every time you pick a seat, etc.) which is more expensive but also more likely to be accurate.

And the loyalty and reservations systems often run on two separate platforms. I don't know if that's the case at JetBlue but I know that it is common in the industry.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
There have been posters on here who have said their Mosaic status has been reflected almost immediately on trips right after they've earned it. So that's why I'm guessing they keep it current on the PNR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.