Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Award ticket; taxes paid with JB Plus card; do I get free baggage?

Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Booked an award for 50K JetBlue points + taxes.

Paid taxes with Barclay's JetBlue Plus card.

Will I get free checked in baggage?

Thanks!
Old Jul 28, 2016, 7:32 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
The free luggage benefit is supposed to be tied with your TrueBlue account, so method of payment should't make a difference.
Old Jul 28, 2016, 1:25 pm

Dw, does the reservation show that you have a bag? When I booked mine with my Jetblue Plus Card the reservation showed that I have 1 bag included.

The confirmation email had a line saying: "Your JetBlue Card includes one (1) checked bag. You may pay for additional bags online (within 24 hours of departure), or upon arrival at the airport via an airport kiosk or with an airport crewmember. Some restrictions apply."

One thing that I notice is that every time that I book a new flight I need to enter my credit card again and select "JetBlue Plus World Elite MasterCard", because the saved card, even thou is a Jetblue Plus just show as MasterCard and not "JetBlue Plus World Elite MasterCard".
Old Aug 4, 2016, 8:19 pm

Just to add a data point here.. I had one flight that we booked before the credit card and I just called if we would be able to check the bag now that we have the card and they said that the card it's linked to the account, so we wouldn't have a problem. (it's an award flight, so we just paid the tax with my Amex and the we got the Jet blue card after).. the trip is in 2 weeks, I let everyone knows if it works..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.