Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Massive Mint growth coming in 2017 and beyond

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Massive Mint growth coming in 2017 and beyond

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2016, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by audio-nut
Also tough as BA F is the best business product in the world.
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
Really? Of the big three Euro carriers (AF, BA and LH), I would say BA is actually the worst of those three in F. Large cabin and sub-par terminal experience at least when compared with AF and LH.

To which I would agree. BA F is a very solid J product. As an F product, the LPGS is good, and sometimes the service is good, otherwise, it's subpar.
Old Aug 5, 2016, 5:34 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Now, if they're going to do TATL, are they still only going to serve snacks and have food for sale a la LCC, or will they start serving free, but inedible meals like the legacies?
Old Aug 5, 2016, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Hmmm, so BA F is really a J class product and then, even as a J class product I would still posit that it's below it's competitors. And the Mint product would be a welcome competitor to the BOS/JFK market. Personally, I'm tired of paying $7K J fares to LON/CDG/AMS...
Old Aug 5, 2016, 11:09 pm

Hmmm, so BA F is really a J class product and then, even as a J class product I would still posit that it's below it's competitors.
I'm hard pressed to think of a better one.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 7:08 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Among the Euro carriers: AF and LH's F product is consistently superior to BA's. IME, it's not even close. Among the Asian Carriers: JL and SQ offer a consistently superior product. Again, not even close. I can't speak for EY and EK; haven't tried their F products.

I'd even take the Mint suite over BA's F to cross the Atlantic... Really the best out-come for pax would be B6's entrance into the market to drive down pricing and increase service standards; like we're seeing in the transcon market.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 8:11 am

Programs: TrueBlue
I'm hard pressed to think of anything I'd pay $1000/hour for... ($7K to LON?)
Old Aug 6, 2016, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by djplong
I'm hard pressed to think of anything I'd pay $1000/hour for...
I assume that you are only referring to air travel?
Old Aug 7, 2016, 3:29 pm

Among the Euro carriers: AF and LH's F product is consistently superior to BA's. IME, it's not even close. Among the Asian Carriers: JL and SQ offer a consistently superior product. Again, not even close. I can't speak for EY and EK; haven't tried their F products.

I'd even take the Mint suite over BA's F to cross the Atlantic... Really the best out-come for pax would be B6's entrance into the market to drive down pricing and increase service standards; like we're seeing in the transcon market.
I'll say it again, BA F is a J product.

As for Mint suites, I don't think your opinion is in the majority, even in this forum. Good seat but BA's F seat is much better.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 6:56 pm
Suspended

It's funny. About 10 years ago BOS was a backwater barely registering on the legacies radar with some international flights to European hubs.
Now, with king JetBlue in charge BOS has seen it status rise as MUST BE THERE destination for every carrier with any decent self-respect.
Old Aug 8, 2016, 5:46 am

Programs: TrueBlue
BOS seems to be the beneficiary of a perfect storm.

The Big Dig made it easier to get to/from the airport.
Southwest showed up
JetBlue made BOS shuttles more affordable
NYC got more crowded, fewer slots available.
Boeing's 787 made expenses cheaper.

Since my first Trans-Atlantic flight (BOS-LHR via Shannon, Aer Lingus) in 2010, I've seen airline after airline show up at Logan - almost like it's a satellite of JFK. Nonstops to Tokyo, China, Istanbul and countless other places have happened in just 6 years.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 6:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Looks like DL has decided to match Mint's private suites on their ultra-long-haul routes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/21/tr...s-flights.html

Also clearly a response to UA's Polaris introduction. And they're claiming the suites won't cost most than the current Delta One product:

And while the suites are designed to be a more premium product, customers won’t have to pay any more to fly in them than they do for a typical Delta One ticket on the same route. “This is a product upgrade, not a price upgrade,” Mr. Mapes said.

Good for them. Here's hoping we see prices go down as product quality goes up.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Looks like DL has decided to match Mint's private suites on their ultra-long-haul routes.
No competition fo B6 here; completely different set of routes.

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Also clearly a response to UA's Polaris introduction. And they're claiming the suites won't cost most than the current Delta One product:

And while the suites are designed to be a more premium product, customers won’t have to pay any more to fly in them than they do for a typical Delta One ticket on the same route. “This is a product upgrade, not a price upgrade,” Mr. Mapes said.

Good for them. Here's hoping we see prices go down as product quality goes up.
Hahahaha.....inventory is decreasing relative to the 744s flying those routes as the 359s come on line (48 v 32 J seats IIRC). That's a great marketing line (and they got the NYT to print it, along with all sorts of other garbage in that story; really, it seems it was written by someone who knows nothing about air travel) but expecting that fares don't increase as supply decreases is probably going to leave one disappointed.
Old Aug 17, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by sbm12
No competition fo B6 here; completely different set of routes.
Yes, obviously I'm aware of that.

I was referring only to the fact that Mint was the first U.S. carrier to offer an enclosed suite, and DL has matched that. It will be interesting to see if it becomes a differentiator or a gimmick.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 2:22 am

Programs: B6, AA, AS
Easy boys.

Always love to read an engagement, but, ......

At least this link is generally void of the ludicrous.

Let us keep it that way. Please

Thank you
Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:52 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Originally Posted by audio-nut
I'll say it again, BA F is a J product.

As for Mint suites, I don't think your opinion is in the majority, even in this forum. Good seat but BA's F seat is much better.
BA, AA, J products are superior to Mint no comparison!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.