Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New boarding announcement?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2017, 11:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
I would say the ones who drop $20,000+ a year on tickets with that one particular airline deserve a little more respect. I respect your opinion, though.
Doesn't matter how much you spend, earn or have. Everyone can afford to show respect to others who are less mobile or more burdened in their daily life.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 1:37 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by diburning
At LAX, Mint will board first, before anyone else including Mosaics. The boarding order is programmed into the computer (and displays the boarding group on the screen), and the GA hits a button to advance to the next boarding group
Really? At SFO it's Mint and Mosaic, EMS, the rest. Also, as a Mosaic + Mint flyer, screw anyone who think they should board before the handicapped or people with kids that need some extra time. Christ, make it easier on everyone.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Apparently the monitor displayed Mint boarding, but the GA might have announced that Mosaics were welcome to board as well.

With the terminal move at LAX, I'm not even sure if the monitor display even applies anymore.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
I flew out of LAX 2 nights ago and they announced Mosaic and Mint together. The bad thing was they did it without any warning so we were all running up to the gate. They didn't even announce extra time boarders first. I will say since I started this thread, they definitely have changed the boarding order.

Extra assistance is not always announced out loud. Sometimes they just pre board quietly.

Then Mosaic/Mint then families with kids under 2. I like this approach. I think it's more consistent with WN and what other airlines do. The only thing is WN considers small children under age 6.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikesyr18
I would say the ones who drop $20,000+ a year on tickets with that one particular airline deserve a little more respect. I respect your opinion, though.
I'm the first person to preach about loyalty and respect for your most loyal customers. However, in this case, I don't have an issue with the process. It's not always people over 70 either. It could be someone who has recently had surgery or has a major injury or perhaps is a fearful flyer and needs extra time to board and acclimate to the aircraft and meet the Captain without disrupting the boarding process for everyone else. I'm in my 40s and have been in those situations. I have a 38 year old friend who has a spinal cord injury from a car accident and she has to use a wheelchair because she can't carry her luggage around the airport.

Sure there will always be people taking advantage of the situation but I think it's minimal and not any different from any other situation. As for respect for Mosaics, there are a lot of other things B6 could do before I'd get upset over pre boards. Just my opinion.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I flew out of LAX 2 nights ago and they announced Mosaic and Mint together. The bad thing was they did it without any warning so we were all running up to the gate. They didn't even announce extra time boarders first. I will say since I started this thread, they definitely have changed the boarding order.

Extra assistance is not always announced out loud. Sometimes they just pre board quietly.

Then Mosaic/Mint then families with kids under 2. I like this approach. I think it's more consistent with WN and what other airlines do. The only thing is WN considers small children under age 6.
This was the case with my most recent flight out of JFK to MCO and back. Those who needed assistance were quietly loaded in the wheelchairs and then boarded, with no announcement. They then went mosaic, ems...assume they did the families w/young children next as I boarded under ems but there was a family who was waiting next to me that were quite disturbed and upset that they weren't allowed to board first.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

I flew MCO-JFK yesterday and had they preboarded all families with small children, the entire plane would have preboarded. I like this new approach much better. The families still get on fairly early but Mosaics and EMS still get on first.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I flew MCO-JFK yesterday and had they preboarded all families with small children, the entire plane would have preboarded. I like this new approach much better. The families still get on fairly early but Mosaics and EMS still get on first.
^Good point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.