Help with Status Match

Old May 23, 2016, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Help with Status Match

So, I'm Gold over on VX and...well, let's say that I'm less than thrilled about the prospect of the VX-AS merger. I'd like to match in over here (despite its thin reach at the moment, Mint is an acceptable-looking substitute for VX's F, and Mosaic seems to carry enough of the benefits of VX Gold to similarly be worth the switch) but...well, as far as I can tell VX never bothered to send me a card this year (and I've never gotten a paper statement from them with my status). I've got a likely trip in June which would clear the status challenge with no problem (and between that and a trip in October I'd be close to actually requalifying with no challenge). I can pull a screenshot of my VX account page to send in; will this be sufficient? Or should I just bite the bullet and do the challenge?
Old May 23, 2016, 9:55 pm

A screenshot showing your name and status will suffice.

Don't forget to register for B6's triple points promo for your June flight.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
I'm doing the status match right now...

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
A screenshot showing your name and status will suffice.

Don't forget to register for B6's triple points promo for your June flight.
I'm Gold on Delta and sent them a picture of my current Delta Gold card, but a screen capture or print a PDF of your account page should work fine.

The following is the fine print from the email confirming the status match. Interesting that the total required is only 3,750 points in 90 days.

You are receiving this email because you have signed up for the JetBlue loyalty program and this is a transactional message updating you of your status as a TrueBlue member. We're sorry but email sent in reply to this message will not be answered. If you have questions, please visit the Help section at jetblue.com. JetBlue Airways, 6322 South 3000 East, Suite G10, Salt Lake City, UT 84121.

*TrueBlue Mosaic® Challenge Terms: You are automatically entered into the TrueBlue Mosaic Challenge upon qualifying for TrueBlue Mosaic status for the remainder of 2016 through the Mosaic Status Match. 15,000 bonus points will not be awarded if you are granted Mosaic status through the Status Match. All participants must complete the Challenge in order to enjoy Mosaic status for 2017 (1/1/17 – 12/31/17). 15,000 bonus points will be awarded upon successfully completing the Mosaic Challenge. Mosaic status and benefits will not be effective until JetBlue notifies you via email of your Mosaic status; no retroactive Mosaic status or benefits will be granted. JetBlue will have the right to deny any application or to refuse entry into the Challenge or to deny Mosaic status to anyone, in JetBlue’s sole discretion. In order to successfully complete the Challenge, accepted participants must earn 3,750 base flight TrueBlue points within the 90-day period specified by JetBlue, in its sole discretion. Base flight TrueBlue points are the 3 points per $1 that TrueBlue members earn on the base fare of their individual JetBlue flight. JetBlue flights are flights operated by JetBlue and purchased with a JetBlue flight number. All other bonus points, partner points, booking bonuses or any other points will not count towards the 3,750 point requirement. You must enter your TrueBlue number at the time of booking a JetBlue flight in order to earn TrueBlue points towards the Challenge. The amount of base flight points earned by a Challenge participant will be solely determined by JetBlue and its tallying. JetBlue will be the sole and official timekeeper that will determine, in its sole discretion, when the 90-day Challenge period for a participant begins and ends. Whether or not a Challenge participant has completed the Challenge and earned TrueBlue Mosaic will be solely determined by JetBlue. JetBlue shall not be obligated to review any records or other documents or information from Challenge participants or to consider any arguments by Challenge participants. JetBlue shall have the right to disqualify from the Challenge any participant JetBlue deems, in its sole discretion, has violated the terms of the Challenge or engaged in any type of fraud, misrepresentation or improper conduct. JetBlue may, in its sole discretion and for any reason, without notice or liability, modify or terminate the Challenge at any time. All deadlines based on Eastern Standard Time. Additional restrictions apply. See the TrueBlue Terms and Conditions for details.

1. Members will earn three (3) points per dollar spent on any individual flight operated by JetBlue. If those JetBlue operated flights are booked directly on www.jetblue.com, members can earn bonus points depending on the fare option selected as follows: members who have purchased a Blue fare can earn an extra three (3) bonus points per dollar for a total of six (6) points per dollar, members who have purchased a Blue Plus fare can earn an extra four (4) bonus points per dollar for a total of seven (7) points per dollar and members who have purchased a Blue Flex fare can earn an extra five (5) bonus points per dollar for a total of eight (8) points per dollar. Members who have purchased a Mint fare can earn an extra three (3) bonus points per dollar for a total of six (6) points per dollar, if those JetBlue operated flights are booked directly on www.jetblue.com. TrueBlue Mosaic members will earn an additional three (3) TrueBlue points per dollar spent. Points will be earned on the base fare of the flight only. Points will not be earned on government taxes/fees or other fees or charges (e.g., travel insurance, change/cancel fees, etc.). All TrueBlue points are subject to the TrueBlue program Terms and Conditions.

2. Members with a valid TrueBlue Mosaic badge will not pay the applicable JetBlue change/cancellation fee when they change or cancel their JetBlue flight or JetBlue Getaways vacation reservation booked directly with JetBlue. The change/cancel fee will also be waived for any traveler on the same reservation as the Mosaic member; the change/cancel fee for any other traveler not on that same reservation will still apply. For changes, a flight fare increase or Getaways package price increase may apply, and for Getaways, other Travel Supplier change or cancellation fees may still apply. For bookings made with an entity other than JetBlue, booking agent fees, other third party fees and/or JetBlue third-party booking change/cancel fees may still apply. The Mosaic member must pay all applicable fees and/or any increase in fare or package price at time of change or cancellation or when required by the party assessing the fee.

3. Free baggage subject to weight and size limits and exceptions for itineraries including flights marketed or operated by other airlines.

4. Not available on flights operating with express or no inflight service (flights under 340 miles) or where prohibited by law. Must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcohol. Applies only to the qualified Mosaic member and may not be transferred.

Steve

Last edited by backdoc; May 24, 2016 at 3:29 pm
Old May 24, 2016, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
I've got a likely trip in June which would clear the status challenge with no problem (and between that and a trip in October I'd be close to actually requalifying with no challenge).
$5k in two trips?!?
Old May 30, 2016, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by sbm12
$5k in two trips?!?
There would likely have been some incidental "other" travel thrown in as well (e.g. connecting legs...I said I'd be close, not that I'd be there...basically it would be close enough that doing some random flight to Boston and then taking the train home would work[1]). It doesn't hurt that the second trip is of the "deductible" nature and so I'm likely to be less worried about getting a $599 one-way in the deal[2]. This isn't to say that trying out B6 or shooting for Mosaic are entirely out of the picture...but practically speaking it'll probably have to wait for the "Mint System" to flesh out bit more. Which (practically speaking) probably means trying to stagger into another year of VX Gold and praying that AS doesn't F*** it up too quickly.

[1] I did this once, on opening day for the "new" People Express. Flight to Boston and then a set of trains BOS-NYP-WAS-RVR to maximize my point earning (this was when Amtrak still did fixed points on the Acela BOS-NYP-WAS but you could multi-city a "split ticket" and basically get two sets of points for the price of one.
[2] I was presuming about $1400-1600 per round-trip and also that I'd be making at least one trip to Chicago and/or a connecting flight out of Richmond on at least one trip as well. That'd presumably put me well over $3500 all told...which from my perspective is reasonably within striking distance, especially if on that October trip something goes haywire.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:05 pm

When I sent in a screenshot of my AA account and called jetblue, they were able to grant me mosaic within minutes. The customer service agent I talked to on the phone asked another department if they received my documents and I was granted mosaic within minutes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.