Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

LGA Terminal B - Dedicated Pre-check on not?

Old May 23, 2016, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM

Hi,

Debating flying Jetblue LGA-MCO; all flights from Terminal B. Is there a dedicated pre-check lane or only an expedited lane?

Thank you
Old May 23, 2016, 7:21 am

Just adding another question, which concourse in Terminal B (Central Terminal) does B6 fly out of?

Thinking of some flights out of LGA instead of JFK, I know there are four fingers A thru D all with their own security entrance, I'm usually Delta which B is the only terminal they do not fly out of.
Old May 24, 2016, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM
Anyone????
Old May 24, 2016, 8:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Pretty sure most B6 flights are out of the A pier of the CTB now and that it does have a proper PreCheck lane. Some might still be out of the B pier which does not have real Pre but I'm not sure.
Old May 25, 2016, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by pduck01
Anyone????
I will be at LGA in CTB Thursday evening 8p not B6 related, probably won't help OP but will try to find out.
Old May 25, 2016, 8:39 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by sbm12
Pretty sure most B6 flights are out of the A pier of the CTB now and that it does have a proper PreCheck lane. Some might still be out of the B pier which does not have real Pre but I'm not sure.
According to the Port Authority's official LGA site, all B6 flights now operate out of the CTB's Concourse A, which does have PreCheck, in theory.

The issue, of course, is what hours the PreCheck lane is actually open.
Old May 27, 2016, 6:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
It is Concourse D and yes there is a dedicated PreCheck lane. Unfortunately, the hours have been cut. I took 2 6:30am flights last month and both times PreCheck was closed at 5am due to lack of staffing. That has never been the case for me before last month.
Old May 27, 2016, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by dw
According to the Port Authority's official LGA site, all B6 flights now operate out of the CTB's Concourse A, which does have PreCheck, in theory.

The issue, of course, is what hours the PreCheck lane is actually open.
Concourse D
Old May 27, 2016, 6:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

LGA's Central Terminal Building (Terminal B)'s Concourse D is all AA. B6 does not operate from there.
Old May 31, 2016, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Brighton Line
I will be at LGA in CTB Thursday evening 8p not B6 related, probably won't help OP but will try to find out.
As of last Thursday, B6 at LGA is out of concourse A at Terminal B a.k.a. Central Terminal. This concourse is the first one in the direction of traffic dropping people off.
Actually B6 was at the first two gates closest to the roadway as two of their planes (couldn't get the names) could be clearly seen from the roadway.
FWIW
Old May 31, 2016, 10:11 pm

Yes they have those 2 gates(A2 and A4?) and then they have a shared gate with F9 and NK directly opposite those 2. Though I don't think NK is actively listed at the gate. I have a friend who is an NK pilot.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by pduck01
Anyone????
No. There are not dedicated Pre-Check lines at LGA - at least not in B to the Southwest gates. My experience was that you have to mention Pre-Check at the initial ID/BP check and they stamp your boarding pass with "Expedited Screening". Once you get to the line for screening, you show your BP to the person sorting people at the line. You go through a dedicated line and then re-enter with the masses at the area where you grab the bins to run your stuff (and yourself) through the scanner. Again, you show your BP to the agent there - you have to take off your belt and any other metal, take your laptop out of the bag, but oddly, keep your shoes on.

All in all...it's a pain and it's nonsense, but just know that once you get past security it only goes even more down hill. The Southwest concourse at LGA, and really LGA as a whole, is like flying through Guatemala. They really need to raze the entire airport and start over. The fact that a major airport serving that many people doesn't have a better baggage drop off system, TSA Pre, and decent amenities is just sad.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by tcollins33
No. There are not dedicated Pre-Check lines at LGA - at least not in B to the Southwest gates. My experience was that you have to mention Pre-Check at the initial ID/BP check and they stamp your boarding pass with "Expedited Screening". Once you get to the line for screening, you show your BP to the person sorting people at the line. You go through a dedicated line and then re-enter with the masses at the area where you grab the bins to run your stuff (and yourself) through the scanner. Again, you show your BP to the agent there - you have to take off your belt and any other metal, take your laptop out of the bag, but oddly, keep your shoes on.

All in all...it's a pain and it's nonsense, but just know that once you get past security it only goes even more down hill. The Southwest concourse at LGA, and really LGA as a whole, is like flying through Guatemala. They really need to raze the entire airport and start over. The fact that a major airport serving that many people doesn't have a better baggage drop off system, TSA Pre, and decent amenities is just sad.
The Southwest Concourse is the only section without dedicated PreCheck. The rest of the security checkpoints have them. The bigger issue is with TSA cuts and what hours are operational.

Have you been to the Delta or AA terminals at LGA?
Old May 24, 2017, 8:11 pm

any update on this ? do the southwest gates at LGA central terminal have pre check lanes yet ?
Old Jun 20, 2017, 10:25 am

No, they do not. But they do have a lane for Even More Speed/Mosaic customers. It doesn't help much but it's better than nothing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.