Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

First impressions are everything and Jetblue failed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First impressions are everything and Jetblue failed

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by diburning
Legacies can't do any more than what JetBlue did if the OP booked on their last flight of the day.
Between the legacies' greater frequencies, more robust networks, and higher flexibility re: interlining / booking over, this is flat out not true. Risk of getting marooned for 12 to 24 hours because of irrops goes with the B6 proposition. As a SEA-based occasional B6 flyer, believe me, I know.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by BearX220
Between the legacies' greater frequencies, more robust networks, and higher flexibility re: interlining / booking over, this is flat out not true. Risk of getting marooned for 12 to 24 hours because of irrops goes with the B6 proposition. As a SEA-based occasional B6 flyer, believe me, I know.
Well duh...Jetblue has very few flights to Seattle going most anywhere. That is like saying as a NY based flyer Hawaiian airlines had trouble getting people rebooked after their JFK flight was cancelled. In BOS Jetblue offers many more options.
Old May 30, 2016, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
In BOS Jetblue offers many more options.
Ummm... I happen to have been marooned overnight at BOS in the past because of B6 operational difficulties plus restrictive policies. 400p or 500p departure to JFK running hours late, 125+ people missing connections. If we'd been on AA/DL/UA there would have been plenty of options via other hubs or airlines. On JetBlue, nothing. I remember the GA telling the pax next to me, who was headed to AUS, he could travel 24 hours later or take his full refund and go home.

So... not so much to do with living in SEA. I like B6 and I've accepted the current Mosaic challenge, but it's not an airline for mission-critical trips.
Old May 30, 2016, 6:24 pm
Suspended

I'd rather trust B6 for East Coast IRROP's than AS.
Old May 30, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by airplanegod
I agree with you but the poster was referring to IRROPs in Seattle.

My only bad situation with B6 IRROPs was back in 2007 when I got stranded overnight in ORD due to a cancelled flight(last one of the night, very poor communication, etc.). Plus I had a bad migraine and was scheduled to fly to Madrid less than 2 days later. They wanted to put me up at a hotel almost an hour from the airport with no guarantee of it having rooms available. I ended paying on my own for an airport hotel. Just a bad situation overall. I didn't fly B6 again to ORD until 2014 even though I flew them everywhere else. They seem to finally have gotten their ops together there but that's also the risk you take when it's not a hub city and there is only 1 gate.
Old May 30, 2016, 10:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I agree with you but the poster was referring to IRROPs in Seattle.

My only bad situation with B6 IRROPs was back in 2007 when I got stranded overnight in ORD due to a cancelled flight(last one of the night, very poor communication, etc.). Plus I had a bad migraine and was scheduled to fly to Madrid less than 2 days later. They wanted to put me up at a hotel almost an hour from the airport with no guarantee of it having rooms available. I ended paying on my own for an airport hotel. Just a bad situation overall. I didn't fly B6 again to ORD until 2014 even though I flew them everywhere else. They seem to finally have gotten their ops together there but that's also the risk you take when it's not a hub city and there is only 1 gate.
Yeah I can definitely see them not acting very well in cities with one or two gates with one or two destinations.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airplanegod
AS doesn't have the own-metal frequencies or multiple hubs for more options, but they'll book you over to DL or AA readily enough. B6 will not.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 4:24 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
AA & DL

Ummm... I happen to have been marooned overnight at BOS in the past because of B6 operational difficulties plus restrictive policies. 400p or 500p departure to JFK running hours late, 125+ people missing connections. If we'd been on AA/DL/UA there would have been plenty of options via other hubs or airlines. On JetBlue, nothing. I remember the GA telling the pax next to me, who was headed to AUS, he could travel 24 hours later or take his full refund and go home.

So... not so much to do with living in SEA. I like B6 and I've accepted the current Mosaic challenge, but it's not an airline for mission-critical trips.
AA & DL do not interline anymore. Also with most planes being 90% full finding seats on other airlines may be more difficult.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
Suspended

AS doesn't have the own-metal frequencies or multiple hubs for more options, but they'll book you over to DL or AA readily enough. B6 will not.
Ah my mistake again, I forgot about the interlining AS has with DL and AA. That's one area where B6 and WN lack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.