Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA lines?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 8:42 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Long lines bomb threat high..
Old May 19, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by cmd320
I'm flying out tomorrow around midday so I'll be able to report back. JetBlue sent me an email earlier this week saying to arrive two hours prior to scheduled departure due to long security lines, however with Pre✓ I have zero intention of actually doing that.
Thanks. Got the same email and I bought EMSpeed for the return because my time is worth more than $10. When I checked in for outbound I was pleasantly surprised to get Pre✓-hadn't bothered with EMSpeed as HPN is never that bad.
Old May 20, 2016, 3:34 pm

Programs: NZ Silver
Am flying in a few weeks BOS-EWR on an E190 out of terminal C....flight is a Saturday 1520 departure, how are lines likely to be then??
Old May 20, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by travellingcari
Thanks. Got the same email and I bought EMSpeed for the return because my time is worth more than $10. When I checked in for outbound I was pleasantly surprised to get Pre✓-hadn't bothered with EMSpeed as HPN is never that bad.
So today at about 12:30p Pre✓ was basically no wait. The regular lines definitely looked busier than normal though. I would guess at least a 30-60 minute wait.
Old May 20, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: True Blue Mosaic,Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by cyber1k
Anyone have recent LAX T-3 experience with TSA PreCheck? The last two times I went thru, lines were very long and PreCheck was not staffed.

I'm holding a ticket on AA too where I know I can get in fast with status just in case its slow again.

Then to make matters more frustrating and easier to jump away from JetBlue Mint, JetBlue shut down the guest exit from the JFK terminal that let you get the AirTrain into NYC fast. Now you will add another 5-10 minutes just to exit through cattleherded masses at the JFK terminal once you arrive with no checked bags.
I fly between and LAX and JFK twice a month. T-3 at LAX no longer has a dedicated pre-check line after your ID is checked according to the TSA staffers there. They said the stats showed it was under utilized at T-3.

So you still wait in a Pre-check line for the ID check, that usually is only 10 people or less. But then you go in the regular baggage check line. You have to show your boarding pass to the TSA guy showing you are pre-check. This is annoying if you have a digital boarding pass, because you have to flag the guy down, show it to him then put it back in your bag. Then by the time you are ready to go through the metal detector they forget if they checked your boarding pass. You can keep your shoes and jacket on and go through the old school metal detector once they remember they already checked your boarding pass. However you have to take your laptop out. Because you are in the regular line after your ID is checked, it is usually 10-15 mins because the baggage check there is very slow and not well laid out at T-3.

On the positive side, when leaving T-3, they finally re-opened the bridge to the P-3 parking garage, so you can exit through security and walk over the traffic to the garage. No more going down to baggage claim and then waiting for the light to change to cross the street!
Old May 21, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
That's interesting about LAX because I've had similar experiences at LGB. It's never been a dedicated PreCheck lane when I'm there. I get on the PreCheck line, they hand me a card, I go through a regular line with my shoes on laptop out and hand them back the card.

Hard to believe TSA feels these are underutilized. I know T3 at LAX is probably mostly leisure travelers but have to believe there is a good chunk of frequent fliers going through as well. Maybe that's just an excuse for the TSA staff cuts.
Old May 21, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by cyber1k
Then to make matters more frustrating and easier to jump away from JetBlue Mint, JetBlue shut down the guest exit from the JFK terminal that let you get the AirTrain into NYC fast. Now you will add another 5-10 minutes just to exit through cattleherded masses at the JFK terminal once you arrive with no checked bags.
LOL I just did this a couple times. It's more of an annoyance than anything else. I just walk along the wall on the far right by the restrooms and there did not seem to be any crowd issues walking through to the escalators.
Old May 23, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: True Blue Mosaic,Elevate Gold
Originally Posted by JMG5575
I fly between and LAX and JFK twice a month. T-3 at LAX no longer has a dedicated pre-check line after your ID is checked according to the TSA staffers there. They said the stats showed it was under utilized at T-3.

So you still wait in a Pre-check line for the ID check, that usually is only 10 people or less. But then you go in the regular baggage check line. You have to show your boarding pass to the TSA guy showing you are pre-check. This is annoying if you have a digital boarding pass, because you have to flag the guy down, show it to him then put it back in your bag. Then by the time you are ready to go through the metal detector they forget if they checked your boarding pass. You can keep your shoes and jacket on and go through the old school metal detector once they remember they already checked your boarding pass. However you have to take your laptop out. Because you are in the regular line after your ID is checked, it is usually 10-15 mins because the baggage check there is very slow and not well laid out at T-3.

On the positive side, when leaving T-3, they finally re-opened the bridge to the P-3 parking garage, so you can exit through security and walk over the traffic to the garage. No more going down to baggage claim and then waiting for the light to change to cross the street!

I stand corrected on my post. I flew out of T-3 LAX yesterday, Sunday AM, and after a year of being closed they opened the dedicated Pre-Check X-ray line. Maybe they got approval for additional staff.
Old May 24, 2016, 8:22 am

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by cmd320
So today at about 12:30p Pre✓ was basically no wait. The regular lines definitely looked busier than normal though. I would guess at least a 30-60 minute wait.
Thanks!

Monday at 6P was about the same. 2-3 folks ahead of us at Pre Check and a long and cranky normal line.
I love HPN but I do not like Orlando at all. I think the layout of all the central shops facilitates people lingering and then rushing and wanting to cut the line because now they're late. But certainly makes sense to have one store per Park in central terminal area vs. one in each spur.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.