Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jetblue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2016!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Just saw this posted on Facebook a few minutes ago!

If you have elite status on the following airlines, you will get Mosaic status for the rest of 2016 and be enrolled into the Challenge.

Virgin America®: Elevate® Silver, Elevate® Gold
Alaska Airlines®: Mileage Plan™; MVP® Gold or MVP® Gold 75k
American Airlines®: AAdvantage Platinum® or Executive Platinum®
Delta®: SkyMiles Medallion® Gold, Platinum or Diamond
Southwest Airlines®: Rapid Rewards® A-List Preferred or Companion Pass
United®: MileagePlus® Premier® Gold, Platinum or Premier1K®
Emirates: Emirates™; Skywards‎ Silver, Gold or Platinum

The challenge is 3750 base flight points in the next 90 days. Complete this and you will get Mosaic status until the end of 2017!

https://trueblue.jetblue.com/web/tru...saic-challenge
Old May 4, 2016, 11:14 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Just submitted my status. Have a Jetblue flight in a month so this is great timing!
Old May 4, 2016, 11:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Registration is open until May 31st so time it carefully, depending on what your summer travel plans are.

I'm hoping I can squeeze in the extra trip I need to make it 3 years in a row qualifying on challenges.
Old May 4, 2016, 11:24 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Just submitted mine as well! Living in NYC, I've traditionally used DL as a back-up for my primary airline (AA), but have been somewhat displeased with how things are going at DL (Basic Economy fares, ever increasing upgrade costs for Comfort +, etc.) and have been thinking of transitioning more flying to B6.
Old May 4, 2016, 11:48 am

I've already booked all of my summer travel, the last of which I did 3 days ago. I'd have put a lot of it on JetBlue had this come around earlier.
Old May 4, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
I'm guessing this replaces the traditional September/Q4 challenge for 2016? (update: ymx found that you will get the 15,000 Mosaic points for qualifying under the Challenge. You just don't get the points if status-matching from another airline, via the Match)

Also, as a current Mosaic who will re-qualify without the challenge, I'm starting to get worried about having more and more Mosaics. Totally unscientific, but I'd say 0-3% of passengers on my flights to/from BOS in 2014 boarded with Mosaic. That grew to 5-7% in 2015 and I'd say it's 10-15% in early 2016 (and as high as 25% on some BOS/DCA flights). JetBlue can't possibly want to make their 'elite' program to be this easy to attain, can they (especially since $50k in spending on their card now gives automatic Mosaic status)? I'm worried all these challenges will mean JetBlue will reduce benefits and/or create an even harder-to-attain level of Mosaic. I really hope I'm wrong...

Last edited by moulder3; May 5, 2016 at 7:47 am Reason: update to 15,000 Mosaic qualification
Old May 4, 2016, 12:14 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by moulder3
Totally unscientific, but I'd say 0-3% of passengers on my flights to/from BOS in 2014 boarded with Mosaic. That grew to 5-7% in 2015 and I'd say it's as high as 10-15% in early 2016.
Since B6 has an approximately 30% market share out of Logan, I'd say those numbers are still low enough where extra Mosaic members won't significantly degrade the (limited) benefits that are available. I've certainly heard stories of 90+ elites on Delta narrowbody flights departing ATL.
Old May 4, 2016, 5:05 pm

I have four jetBlue flights coming up next month and got excited when I saw this. However, since I won't be checking bags I really don't see any measurable benefit to Mosaic besides the free cancellation/changes. I'm really surprised they don't even let Mosaics upgrade to even more space seats at T-24. Mosaic might be the weakest elite program out there.
Old May 4, 2016, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Since B6 has an approximately 30% market share out of Logan, I'd say those numbers are still low enough where extra Mosaic members won't significantly degrade the (limited) benefits that are available. I've certainly heard stories of 90+ elites on Delta narrowbody flights departing ATL.
Exactly. You're not competing for upgrades.

Originally Posted by Big4Flyer
I have four jetBlue flights coming up next month and got excited when I saw this. However, since I won't be checking bags I really don't see any measurable benefit to Mosaic besides the free cancellation/changes. I'm really surprised they don't even let Mosaics upgrade to even more space seats at T-24. Mosaic might be the weakest elite program out there.
It's a weak program for the most part. Two bright spots that make it appealing to me are the occasional 2 cent per point redemptions (a hair over if you count the 10% back from the credit card) and the free cancellation/change. My travel is mostly family and we have a little kid, so our plans sometimes change - it'd be nice to book speculatively if I see a nice fare and just bag it if we decide we have something else going on that weekend.
Old May 4, 2016, 7:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I'm guessing this replaces the traditional September/Q4 challenge for 2016?
Nothing "traditional" about the timing of the challenge. They've done it three times now. In 2014 it was similar to this timing in that I had summer flights which counted. In 2015 it was later. It moves around.

in the t/c it clearly states that if you attain Mosaic because of this promo, you don't get the 15,000 point bonus for reaching Mosaic.
That's a bummer, though I guess I cannot be too sad nor surprised they closed that loophole.

I'm worried all these challenges will mean JetBlue will reduce benefits and/or create an even harder-to-attain level of Mosaic. I really hope I'm wrong...
Only 2 (out of maybe 40 total pax) on my SFO-LAS flight the other day, but that's one more than I expected.

I would not be too surprised if there's another tier added at some point. The current levels do not translate well in the Mint world where a couple flights has it done. I could see an advanced level with more benefits such as EMS access or similar added in to the mix.
Old May 4, 2016, 9:49 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Note to people who can re-qualify for Mosaic in 2016 without this promo: in the t/c it clearly states that if you attain Mosaic because of this promo, you don't get the 15,000 point bonus for reaching Mosaic.
The way I read the T/C it says that if you qualify for the "Status Match" you don't get the 15,000 point bonus. It says nothing about not receiving the bonus points if you qualify through the "Challenge":

Members who qualify for Mosaic status by means of the Mosaic Status Match will not be awarded 15,000 qualifying bonus points.

I just received an email from JetBlue confirming this: "If you earn the 3750 points during the challenge, yes you do earn the points. If we do a status match is when the points do not apply."

Last edited by ymx; May 5, 2016 at 6:26 am
Old May 5, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, JetBlue Mosaic, AA Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ymx
"If you earn the 3750 points during the challenge, yes you do earn the points. If we do a status match is when the points do not apply."
Thanks ymx...I'll update my post further up to clarify as well.
Old May 5, 2016, 11:31 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Just submitted my status. Have a Jetblue flight in a month so this is great timing!
And received it today! That was quick ^
Old May 5, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: AA LifetimeGold, WN A-ListPreferred, B6 Mosaic, ChoicePrivileges Diamond, BestWestern Diamond Select
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
And received it today! That was quick ^
Same here. Yes, very fast! I didn't get an e-mail but when I saw your message I checked my account, and, sure enough, I'm Mosiac starting today. Good timing for me. I have 2 B6 flights in the next two weeks.
Old May 6, 2016, 7:45 am
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stupid question. If I matched my AA status would the challenge be the first 90 days of the match or would it start on Jan 1 2017?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.