Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Jetblue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2016!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jetblue Mosaic Match/Challenge 2016!

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Don't Worry If You Earned it "The Hard Way" & Rigid Travel Plans?

If your a current Mosaic I wouldn't lose any more than a minute of sleep over some new Mosaics joining the club:

1. Most people aren't going to qualify based on spending on the credit card, that is a lot of spend! An "average person," doesn't spend that much on their credit card in a year. Isn't it $50,000! I would bet maybe less than 5-10% of JetBlue cardmembers spend $4 to $5K a month on the card!

2. Status matches and challenges: Sure they can hand out a million Mosaic cards but if those people don't fly every week they are not really going to seriously dilute your benefits. I initially got Mosaic via a challenge and now I qualify the "hard way," so it worked!

3. Resentment: If you resent people qualifying easily you can also register for the challenge even as a current Mosaic which is quite generous. Most programs will not let you register for a fast track to elite offer if you already hold a current version of the elite status.

The real benefits of Mosaic to me are the waived change/cnacel/same day fees, and also that same day confirmed books in to any Y seat. All the rest is gravy, its nice, but the waived fees I would value 10 out of 10 or even 20 out of 10!

I change my flights almost 1-2 a week at least so this saves me likely several thousands of dollars in a year. I'm also AA Exec Platinum, but I don't want to be hit with their $200 change fee if I cancel or do a date change. I can sometimes get an AA airport agent to waive the fee but its a lot of work and subject to luck, fait, and chance!

I can never understand how people don't think the wavied fees is not beyond awesome! I mean in the blogs they kind of mention it in passing, but like I said, it saves me literally thousands of dollars every year. Unless everybody but me has really rigid travel plans and isn't as spontaneous?
Old May 10, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Getting Different Answers About 15,000 Bonus Points

I contacted JetBlue to ask if a current Mosaic signs up for the challenge if they would receive the 15,000 bonus points by completing the challenge, and I was told no. However, they told me if you later after the challenge qualify based on the regular qualification criteria you would then receive the 15,000 bonus points for a regular qualification.

I know another poster was told the exact opposite in that they were told you would receive the 15,000 bonus points if you completed the challenge.

I suspect the front line reps really dont' know so they are just guessing.

It would be better if this were explicitly stated in the terms one way or another!

I know several years ago I initially got Mosaic based on a challenge, and phone reps told me I would get the 15,000 bonus points. I did not get the points, and I wrote in to ask for them, and I was denied! I was told I would not get them because I qualified on a challenge. I was disappointed that one of my first interactions as a newly minted Mosaic was them denying me these bonus points which I suppose are worth like $200. Its interesting that to save $200 on a potential new high revenue customer they were or are willing to roll the dice that this would p*** off a new customer and maybe they would stick with whatever airline they were on before! I don't think $200 is too high an acquisition cost on a possible $5,000 plus annual customer, but like all airlines, they are really letting bean counters and finance people run wild!
Old May 10, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
It's hard for me to believe that current Mosaics can get the 15,000 points from the Challenge as that would be double dipping. So it makes sense from a financial perspective.

Plus as we've discussed here many times, JetBlue doesn't seem to care about making their Mosaics happy. I spent over $10,000 on JetBlue in 2015 to qualify for Mosaic and I qualified in October. Aside from the early boarding and waived fees, I don't feel different from any other passenger. Even my luggage tag already cracked.
Old May 10, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
The last 2 times I have qualified for Mosaic via the Challenge I have gotten the 15k bonus. But the waived change fees is worth doing the challenge.
Old May 10, 2016, 3:45 pm

Sorry if this was answered earlier... I signed up for the match last week and I booked a flight today but when I called the general support line for assistance buying even more space seats I was told that my account listed that I already had Mosaic status so the agent had to transfer me to the Mosaic dedicated help line for assistance. I checked the JetBlue app on my phone and also see that my status shows Mosaic but my question is whether this is just a cosmetic change during the challenge period or if I actually get Mosaic benefits during my flights? Would I be able to take advantage of the free checked bags and free alcoholic beverages on my upcoming flights?
Old May 10, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by FTNNBP
I checked the JetBlue app on my phone and also see that my status shows Mosaic but my question is whether this is just a cosmetic change during the challenge period or if I actually get Mosaic benefits during my flights? Would I be able to take advantage of the free checked bags and free alcoholic beverages on my upcoming flights?
Yes, you get full Mosaic benefits for the remainder of 2016, just as the offer stated. ^
Old May 12, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: Skyteam
Let's see what happens.
Old May 12, 2016, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Yes, you get full Mosaic benefits for the remainder of 2016, just as the offer stated. ^
Just to clarify, I'm not signed up for the status match but just the challenge and from my reading of the terms it sounded like I would get the benefits of Mosaic for the remainder of 2016 and 2017 only after completing the base point requirements. The Jetblue site doesn't seem to show any reference to Mosaic status for my account right now but the Android App does (also shows me Mosaic membership card). Out of curiosity I downloaded the app on my iPod touch and the app just shoes the regular TrueBlue membership screen and no mention of Mosaic status.
Old May 12, 2016, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just to clarify, I'm not signed up for the status match but just the challenge and from my reading of the terms it sounded like I would get the benefits of Mosaic for the remainder of 2016 and 2017 only after completing the base point requirements. The Jetblue site doesn't seem to show any reference to Mosaic status for my account right now but the Android App does (also shows me Mosaic membership card). Out of curiosity I downloaded the app on my iPod touch and the app just shoes the regular TrueBlue membership screen and no mention of Mosaic status.
If you are just doing the challenge then you should not expect any of the benefits until you hit 3,750 base points. If you do a match+challenge then you get all the benefits now and keep them in 2017 if you meet the challenge.
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
It's hard for me to believe that current Mosaics can get the 15,000 points from the Challenge
I did last year.
Old May 12, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
That's great then

Last edited by RWPrincess; May 12, 2016 at 10:19 pm
Old May 13, 2016, 5:42 am

Sorry if this was answered earlier... I signed up for the match last week and I booked a flight today
Just to clarify, I'm not signed up for the status match but just the challenge
In your first post you said you had signed up for the match, so that's what I responded to. I guess you got your terms mixed up? The match provides Mosaic status through 2016, while the challenge provides the opportunity to earn Mosaic status through 2017.
Old May 13, 2016, 11:48 am

Sorry for what's probably a very dumb question, but does anyone know if the 3,750 base points side of the challenge requires one to fly by the end of the challenge period or if one just has to buy a flight(s) past that amount? Looking at a flight in the fall and would happily fly Mint to hit the challenge mark.
Old May 14, 2016, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by claytonave
Sorry for what's probably a very dumb question, but does anyone know if the 3,750 base points side of the challenge requires one to fly by the end of the challenge period or if one just has to buy a flight(s) past that amount? Looking at a flight in the fall and would happily fly Mint to hit the challenge mark.
It's a bummer, but the fine print says you have to earn the points during the challenge period, not just buy flights that would theoretically result in your earning the points in the future. You only get the points after taking the flights, so there's no wiggle room.
Old May 14, 2016, 7:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Originally Posted by jetsetter
Has anyone who is an existing Mosaic member signed up for the challenge? How long did it take for the challenge to activate?

My key concern would be not earning the 15,000 bonus points although it appears with this promotion you do earn those.

In the past when qualifying for Mosaic via a challenge they have not always awarded the bonus points.
Do you only get the 15k bonus points if you pass the challenge? I have been matched through Dec 31st but have not received 15k points.
Old May 14, 2016, 8:58 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Do you only get the 15k bonus points if you pass the challenge? I have been matched through Dec 31st but have not received 15k points.
You don't get the bonus points for the match -- only if you achieve the challenge criteria of 3750 base points ($1250 base spend) with the 90 day challenge period.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.