Wiki Posts
Search

WebEx during flight

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: jet blue
WebEx during flight

Hi, does anyone have experience with WebEx during flight? Not sure if it is reliable or intermittent?
Thank you.
Old May 4, 2016, 6:18 am

Once you've reached cruising altitude, it should be fine. Service can be a bit spotty during climbout and descent, but there seems to be plenty of bandwidth and virtually no dropouts at FL200 and higher.

The audio portion should be fine if you're simply listening, but I'm not so sure what will happen if you're presenting. Background noise will be high, of course, but network latency may present a pronounced "lag" problem that would have you inadvertently talking over others (and vice versa).

Your in-flight neighbors would very much appreciate you NOT presenting during the flight. Trust me
Old May 4, 2016, 7:52 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, Marriot Lifetime Gold
Please wear headphones if listening!
Old May 9, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Not the same but maybe this helps. I tried using SnapChat on my JFK-LGB flight last week and it was extremely slow to load. 1st app/site I've ever had issues with on free FlyFi. I had no issue posting but I couldn't load the stories and when I did, they kept freezing on me. So finally I gave up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.