Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

BOS-LGA 6X/Day starting 31 Oct 2016

Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver

Guess there will be a press release soon but it is already bookable on the website. Fares start at $49 each way. Flights will be operated by E190s.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 7:47 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Wonder if they are going to offer shuttle style features like later check in deadline, dedicated gates/security/claim etc, or just normal service.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I doubt it. This is about offering their corporate customers in Boston access to LGA at a cheaper price than AA/DL.

Press release is out which includes some shift of LGA-Florida service over to Newark.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jetblu...140000967.html

Weekday JetBlue Schedule Between New York (LGA) and Boston (BOS)
Beginning Monday, October 31, 2016

BOS – LGA Flight #631 LGA – BOS Flight #1432
6:35 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. 6:30 a.m. – 7:44 a.m.
BOS – LGA Flight #731 LGA – BOS Flight #632
8:40 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. 9:00 a.m. – 10:19 a.m.
BOS – LGA Flight #831 LGA – BOS Flight #732
11:30 a.m. – 12:54 p.m 10:59 a.m. – 12:03 p.m.
BOS – LGA Flight #1231 LGA – BOS Flight #832
3:10 p.m. – 4:39 p.m. 2:29 p.m. – 3:43 p.m.
BOS – LGA Flight #1331 LGA – BOS Flight #1232
5:10 p.m. – 6:44 p.m. 5:30 p.m. – 6:44 p.m.
BOS – LGA Flight #1431 LGA – BOS Flight #1332
7:30 p.m. – 8:50 p.m. 7:30 p.m. – 8:45 p.m.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 8:32 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
Wonder if they are going to offer shuttle style features like later check in deadline, dedicated gates/security/claim etc, or just normal service.
I agree that this is likely most targeted at BOS customers. Unfortunately, for NYC based passengers, the gates and facilities B6 has at LGA simply aren't competitive with what the AA/DL shuttles have to offer. Is there even a PreCheck lane for that concourse at LGA?
Old Apr 28, 2016, 9:49 am
EZE

Programs: All of em more or less
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
I doubt it. This is about offering their corporate customers in Boston access to LGA at a cheaper price than AA/DL.

Press release is out which includes some shift of LGA-Florida service over to Newark.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/jetblu...140000967.html
And termination of LGA-SRQ.

Added together with the trek to EWR for other FL flights, I give this announcement a five giant thumbs down....

👎👎👎👎👎
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by dw
I agree that this is likely most targeted at BOS customers. Unfortunately, for NYC based passengers, the gates and facilities B6 has at LGA simply aren't competitive with what the AA/DL shuttles have to offer. Is there even a PreCheck lane for that concourse at LGA?
Unless Delta is stopping its squating on Marine Air Terminal Gates?
They are only flying ORD and DCA out of 6 gates. Few times flights are late waiting for them to tow an aircraft over from the other side of the field, I've was told they keep the flights there just to keep the gates.

Security at Terminal A while no PreCheck is pretty fast, two x-ray machines but only one Millimeter and one Metal detector so there are sometimes slight backups both nothing like Central Terminal.
Old May 9, 2016, 11:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by dw
Is there even a PreCheck lane for that concourse at LGA?
Yes there is. Though in the last 3 weeks, I've flown out of there twice on 6:30am flights and PreCheck was closed. When I asked the TSA, they said they didn't have the staffing. This is a flight I take several times a year and this was the 1st and 2nd time I've encountered no PreCheck line open.

If they are moving FL flights to EWR, how long before WN starts adding them to LGA?

On another note, I'd like to see them move the ORD flights to LGA too. Every major airline in NYC flies LGA-ORD except B6. I think it would increase their business.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 2:39 pm

an article on this.
http://airlinegeeks.com/2017/09/23/t...ne-year-later/

Seems like this route is doing well for JetBlue. Would be great if they can get the slots for LGA-DCA shuttle too.

And of course LGA-ORD at some point in the future if they can get the slots at LGA or gates at ORD.

There was an article a while back talking about how the fares have troubled since B6 entered the market. LGA-DCA fares are still really high, so would benefit from B6 entrance.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 6:30 pm

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue
Originally Posted by tphuang
Seems like this route is doing well for JetBlue. Would be great if they can get the slots for LGA-DCA shuttle too.
B6 DCA-LGA seems unlikely as they would need slots at both airports and nearly 80% of all travelers take the train between Washington, DC and New York City.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by tphuang
an article on this.
http://airlinegeeks.com/2017/09/23/t...ne-year-later/

And of course LGA-ORD at some point in the future if they can get the slots at LGA or gates at ORD.

There was an article a while back talking about how the fares have troubled since B6 entered the market. LGA-DCA fares are still really high, so would benefit from B6 entrance.
I would love to see service to both DCA and ORD. I fly to ORD quite often and it does seem B6 is the only major airline going only to JFK. That's gotta hurt.
Old Oct 17, 2017, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by BOSstorageguy
B6 DCA-LGA seems unlikely as they would need slots at both airports and nearly 80% of all travelers take the train between Washington, DC and New York City.
Well I'm a Mosaic member who just booked JFK-IAD because it's easier for me to get to JFK than to Penn Station.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I would love to see service to both DCA and ORD. I fly to ORD quite often and it does seem B6 is the only major airline going only to JFK. That's gotta hurt.
B6 needs at least 6 more slots (let's just say F9 and AS slots). With 24 slot pairs, 6 flight to DCA, 6 flights to BOS, 5 flights to ORD, 4 flights to FLL and 3 flights to PBI. That makes up all the top spots that business travelers really need to go to. Now that they have MAT, they should be running shuttle flights out of LGA. Move MCO flights to JFK which can use the ORD slots. Move some of the DCA flights to IAD. They really can't add more flights to ORD until they get more space there.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

$50 for EMS seating on LGA-BOS, are they smoking crack?!?

I got confirmed Delta Comfort Plus for $25 more than B6 regular.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.