Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:30 am

Took me two billing cycles AFTER the $1k spend. Close of the 2nd one I got it on both my wife and my card.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by Brighton Line
Took me two billing cycles AFTER the $1k spend. Close of the 2nd one I got it on both my wife and my card.
Thanks for that. Damn, that's a long time to award out the bonus. I don't understand why it takes Barclaycard so long but competitors are able to fulfill MUCH quicker.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:44 am

Thinking of applying for the Jetblue Plus card. Can you use the points on any seats? How does it work if you want to book a MoreLegRoom seat?
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by shuttercookie
Thinking of applying for the Jetblue Plus card. Can you use the points on any seats? How does it work if you want to book a MoreLegRoom seat?
Points can be used for the flight. Even more space seats are an additional charge that cannot be covered with points unless you are Mosaic.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by jay_dubya
Points can be used for the flight. Even more space seats are an additional charge that cannot be covered with points unless you are Mosaic.
Thanks. As long as I can still upgrade the seat with cash while using points, I am good to go.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:17 pm

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
Yes...non-Mosaic customers can use cash to buy Even More Space on a points booking.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 5:07 pm

I don't have any problem with my Plus card (got my bonus and the points post just fine), but B6 is annoying me. If I book a Blue fare with the Plus card, it insists that I don't have a free checked bag (when I buy and during OLCI). It actually worked as it should when I first got the card, but not lately. I don't usually check bags anyways, but this issue is annoying. One of the reasons I cannot fully commit to B6 yet...
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
This is a Mosaic benefit, not a Cardholder benefit. Mint service is not offered at PDX and DEN.
Right, that's what I thought. But I am not Mosaic. So I figured the only plausible explanation was that it was due to me being a Plus cardholder. It's happened twice at two different airports...
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by bbtrvl
If you are not already signed up for badges then sign up and connect all your social media (I think FB + twitter) and tweet/post about JetBlue through them, you will get a couple hundred points from this. Also visit the badges page 10x for some more points. Even these might take a couple days to post.

You can also get like 700 points for signing up to do surveys, I have not tried this myself.

If you absolutely MUST take this flight on points and can't scrounge them up then you might have to suck it up and buy 1000 points from JetBlue for $37.63. At least if you can use the plus card to get 6x points on $37.63 you get 226 bonus points later.
Is this confirmed to be true? When I was looking at buying some points, it looks like they are actually sold through a 3rd party vendor.

EDIT: I see you already corrected yourself in a previous post.

Last edited by thehippoguy; Sep 16, 2016 at 1:54 pm Reason: Saw answer
Old Sep 16, 2016, 11:00 pm

Programs: GE
Originally Posted by thehippoguy
Is this confirmed to be true? When I was looking at buying some points, it looks like they are actually sold through a 3rd party vendor.

EDIT: I see you already corrected yourself in a previous post.
Yeah, I probably should have edited the post before.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by crimonist
Right, that's what I thought. But I am not Mosaic. So I figured the only plausible explanation was that it was due to me being a Plus cardholder. It's happened twice at two different airports...
Maybe it is. I have the Plus Card and am a Mosaic so I tend to ignore the card benefits if they're not related to points.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:29 am

Does anyone know the answer to this:

If I book a Blue fare ticket using points and pay for the taxes/fees using my JetBlue Plus card, is free checked bag still included?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:37 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic 3, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by alegeeter
Does anyone know the answer to this:

If I book a Blue fare ticket using points and pay for the taxes/fees using my JetBlue Plus card, is free checked bag still included?
Yes. Doesn't matter how you pay for the taxes. If TrueBlue recognizes that you have a Plus card, then you will get the free checked bag. When you book online and click the fare class options it should say 1 free bag for the base fare.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by gr99gt
Yes. Doesn't matter how you pay for the taxes. If TrueBlue recognizes that you have a Plus card, then you will get the free checked bag. When you book online and click the fare class options it should say 1 free bag for the base fare.
Thanks. And what if you're using the card to pay for a ticket under someone else's name?
Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic 3, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by alegeeter
Thanks. And what if you're using the card to pay for a ticket under someone else's name?
Not sure. I have not tried that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.