Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Slickw
All Cards
  • No f/x fee
  • Chip+PIN capable
  • 50% off in-flight purchases
The JetBlue Card
  • Free!
  • 3x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • 15k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Plus Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Groceries, 1x Everything else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 60k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here

The JetBlue Business Card
  • $99/year
  • 5k Anniversary Points
  • 6x B6 spend, 2x Restaurants & Office Supply, 1x Everything Else
  • $50k => Mosaic
  • Free first bag up to 4 pax on PNR
  • $100 statement credit against a Getaways vacation package >$100
  • 10% rebate on award redemptions
  • 30k/$1k spend sign up bonus
  • Apply Here
Print Wikipost

New Barclaycard/TrueBlue credit card Launched

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2016, 3:40 pm

Yikes just read this thread to find out when 10% rebate points post. I am about 825 points short for a flight I'd like to book ASAP. Any quickie JB points earning advice?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:15 am

Programs: GE
If you are not already signed up for badges then sign up and connect all your social media (I think FB + twitter) and tweet/post about JetBlue through them, you will get a couple hundred points from this. Also visit the badges page 10x for some more points. Even these might take a couple days to post.

You can also get like 700 points for signing up to do surveys, I have not tried this myself.

If you absolutely MUST take this flight on points and can't scrounge them up then you might have to suck it up and buy 1000 points from JetBlue for $37.63. At least if you can use the plus card to get 6x points on $37.63 you get 226 bonus points later.

Last edited by bbtrvl; Sep 16, 2016 at 11:00 pm Reason: I was wrong
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:36 pm

If I use my card and my points to book a ticket for my mother, would the 10% rebate post to her account or mine?
Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:04 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Interesting data point: I have been given priority baggage handling twice since getting the JetBlue Plus card. They included the little green tag that I've normally seen for Mint customers at PDX and DEN. I did not get this service flying out of JFK.

I poked around, but this doesn't appear to be a listed benefit of being a cardholder. Any idea what's going on? Have others had this happen as well?
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Wow, I Can't Believe it, Finally Product Change to Plus

I have been calling Barclays about every two weeks since I got the new JetBlue Rewards card based on having the B6 Amex trying to do a product change to the $99 AF JetBlue Plus card.

Every time I called, they would check in my account, and say no product conversion was available, and there was nothing they could do.

I called again last week expecting to get the same answer. I was transfered to a different CSR, and she processed the product change to the Plus Card!!!

It seemed like as of last week they must have loaded some type of product change/upgrade offer in to my account that was available for Barclays reps to access.

I was advised the change and new benefits would take affect on the first day of my next billing cycle, and that I would receive a new card with the original account number and expiration date.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 1:44 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Product Change - Rep Sounded Like a US Based Rep

Just a data point the 2nd line rep that did the product change sounded like a US rep instead of an off shore call center.

I'm not sure if the first rep looked something up in the computer that prompted them to transfer me. I don't remember if the initial front line rep sounded like a US based rep or not.

So any of you looking to do a product change, especially if your account was brought to Barclays from Amex, it may be good to call in and see if they can now do the change for you.

Also at one point I did not get targeted for some sort of B6 points for dining offer with the Barclays Mastercard and I called to complain/ask to be targeted, and they said they could not target me but they gave me 500 customer service/goodwill points from Barclay Card.

I told you I call Barclays a lot.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by jetsetter
I have been calling Barclays about every two weeks since I got the new JetBlue Rewards card based on having the B6 Amex trying to do a product change to the $99 AF JetBlue Plus card.

Every time I called, they would check in my account, and say no product conversion was available, and there was nothing they could do.

I called again last week expecting to get the same answer. I was transfered to a different CSR, and she processed the product change to the Plus Card!!!

It seemed like as of last week they must have loaded some type of product change/upgrade offer in to my account that was available for Barclays reps to access.

I was advised the change and new benefits would take affect on the first day of my next billing cycle, and that I would receive a new card with the original account number and expiration date.
How old was your Amex? Remember that due to the CARD act banks are not allowed to increase the annual fee in the first year, even at customer request. I do not know how the law applies to converted accounts like yours but a restriction like this would be hard-coded into the rep's systems and they cannot override it...
Old Aug 27, 2016, 3:02 pm

Programs: B6, AA, AS
.... I told you I call Barclays a lot.
They're trying to appease you, so you will stop tying up the phone line.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton

Interesting. I had put off calling until July, but before I did, I logged into my account and there was a notification on the right hand side of the main account page with the offer to upgrade. Only took a couple clicks. I wonder how many times I overlooked it, as it almost appeared like an ad.

Same deal - conversion happened after the next statement period began. Shortly thereafter got new cards, just as they described, same #, same expiration.

Was pretty painless, just wish they'd made it a little more prominent.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:20 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Looking for advice for my son's gf who applied for the jetblue card and not the plus card like she was planning to do.
She asked for an upgrade and was not given one.
Should she just cancel and then apply for the plus in a month or two?

ETA: She reapplied right after the first one and has no decision yet.. I advised her to call and cancel the first one that was approved.

What are her chances at getting the plus card approved now?

Last edited by duranza; Aug 31, 2016 at 12:19 pm
Old Sep 1, 2016, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by duranza
Looking for advice for my son's gf who applied for the jetblue card and not the plus card like she was planning to do.
She asked for an upgrade and was not given one.
Should she just cancel and then apply for the plus in a month or two?

ETA: She reapplied right after the first one and has no decision yet.. I advised her to call and cancel the first one that was approved.

What are her chances at getting the plus card approved now?
She was not given an upgrade because it is now illegal for banks to increase the annual fee of an account in the first year, even at customer request (due to predatory practices of some banks in the past)

Probably the thing holding up the plus card now is either: an automatic block preventing both accounts existing at the same time, or: Barclays extended the maximum amount of credit on the first account, leaving no available credit to be allocated to the second.

Either way a call to Barclays is in order. Maybe should talk to a credit analyst (someone authorized to approve/reject applications and modify credit line) and not just a front-line customer service rep. Legally they cannot convert but they may be able to approve the new account and cancel the old one at the same time and possibly even allow the plus card sign up bonus.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 11:29 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by bbtrvl
She was not given an upgrade because it is now illegal for banks to increase the annual fee of an account in the first year, even at customer request (due to predatory practices of some banks in the past)

Probably the thing holding up the plus card now is either: an automatic block preventing both accounts existing at the same time, or: Barclays extended the maximum amount of credit on the first account, leaving no available credit to be allocated to the second.

Either way a call to Barclays is in order. Maybe should talk to a credit analyst (someone authorized to approve/reject applications and modify credit line) and not just a front-line customer service rep. Legally they cannot convert but they may be able to approve the new account and cancel the old one at the same time and possibly even allow the plus card sign up bonus.
Thanks for the advice.. she only received $1k CL and has yet to activate the card. I will pass on this information.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by crimonist
Interesting data point: I have been given priority baggage handling twice since getting the JetBlue Plus card. They included the little green tag that I've normally seen for Mint customers at PDX and DEN. I did not get this service flying out of JFK.

I poked around, but this doesn't appear to be a listed benefit of being a cardholder. Any idea what's going on? Have others had this happen as well?
This is a Mosaic benefit, not a Cardholder benefit. Mint service is not offered at PDX and DEN.
Old Sep 10, 2016, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by bbtrvl
If you absolutely MUST take this flight on points and can't scrounge them up then you might have to suck it up and buy 1000 points from JetBlue for $37.63. At least if you can use the plus card to get 6x points on $37.63 you get 226 bonus points later.
I was wrong about this and was corrected IRL today when I repeated this falsehood. Apparently JetBlue points purchases do not code as JetBlue and only get 1x points.
Old Sep 15, 2016, 6:25 am

Time to receive signup bonus?

Hi all,

Does anyone have data points on how long it takes to be awarded the signup bonus? I signed up for the JetBlue Plus card 2 months ago and quickly met the $1,000 spend requirement for the 30,000 bonus points. It's been about 6 weeks now and I still have not been awarded my 30,000 bonus points. I've called in and all the call reps confirm that I've met the requirements, but that it can take "a while" to receive the points. Ordinarily with my Anex, Chase and Cit cards, I've always received my bonus by the next day, or maybe a week at most, so I felt his was unusual to be taking this long.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've called Barclaycard several times and all reps tell me the same message that "it can take a while." This is just annoying because I need to book some award tickets and am banking on these 30,000 points to enable that booking.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.