Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bag Fees Bookings Before Change

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Bag Fees Bookings Before Change

I apologize if this has been asked before, I dont fly JetBlue very often. I tried searching but couldnt find a definite, clear cut answer....

I booked a flight on JetBlue in March of 2015. The flight is for late November 2015. When I booked the flight Jetblue had free checked bags, then obviously in June 2015 they changed that.

Therefore, I was wondering if i have to pay to check bags or if I will be allowed to check bags for free?

Thanks
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Bag fees

Originally Posted by Garavar
I apologize if this has been asked before, I dont fly JetBlue very often. I tried searching but couldnt find a definite, clear cut answer....

I booked a flight on JetBlue in March of 2015. The flight is for late November 2015. When I booked the flight Jetblue had free checked bags, then obviously in June 2015 they changed that.

Therefore, I was wondering if i have to pay to check bags or if I will be allowed to check bags for free?

Thanks
You should not have to pay baggage fees as you bought the ticket when bags where included for free.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:21 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I'll be confirming that this coming Sunday. We never check a bag, had to convince my wife that this was the time to take as much stuff as possible with us!
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:41 am

As long as you purchased and/or made changes on or before June 30, 2015 there will be no bag fee for first checked bag.
Been there, done that.

New fare options which brought the bag fees started after that and even if purchased before 6/30 if you made a change after that then you had to choose the change from one of the new 3 options which may or may not included a checked bag for free.
FWIW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.