Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Thanks Amex! Free Drinks Through 12/31

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L

Did y'all get the email?

For a limited time, this drink's on us!

Enjoy a complimentary cocktail, glass of wine or beer for showing your JetBlue Card from American Express on select jetBlue flights from 11/1 - 12/31/15.*

*Limit one drink. Must show JetBlue Card from American Express. Only available on flights operated by JetBlue. Selections may vary; not available on flights operating with express or no inflight service (flights under 340 miles). Must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages. Please drink responsibly.
Good to finally know "express" is flights under 340 miles. Also wonder if this includes the sparkling wine... guessing not since I'm pretty sure the seatback card says it is excluded from all promotions.

But yay!

-J.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: Free agent
Didn't get the email actually but I'm really happen they brought this back. Get all these drinks in before I cancel the AMEX in a few months.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by MSYtoJFKagain
Didn't get the email actually but I'm really happen they brought this back. Get all these drinks in before I cancel the AMEX in a few months.
This will work out well for me as well. I will probably cancel the card on 12/27 or 28, and with any luck they will let me move the line of credit to another card.

-J.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 5:36 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Hmmm, I wonder if I kept my old card that I cancelled.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 11:57 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Which flights have no service?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by diburning
Which flights have no service?
I've never seen a service on SJU-STT and other short hops like that (flights under 30 minutes). Even on JFK-BOS/IAD they usually fit something in.

-J.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 5:47 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Hmmm, still no love for Mosaics... It's been what, a year since they had a free drink promotion?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
I've never seen a service on SJU-STT and other short hops like that (flights under 30 minutes). Even on JFK-BOS/IAD they usually fit something in.-J.
I've done JFK/BOS JFK/BUF and all had "abbreviated service" choice of only two snacks and sometimes only water. Pilot even apologized for not coming out from flight deck to greet us because of the short flight duration
FWIW.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 7:39 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
I've never seen a service on SJU-STT and other short hops like that (flights under 30 minutes). Even on JFK-BOS/IAD they usually fit something in.

-J.
Originally Posted by Brighton Line
I've done JFK/BOS JFK/BUF and all had "abbreviated service" choice of only two snacks and sometimes only water. Pilot even apologized for not coming out from flight deck to greet us because of the short flight duration
FWIW.
I've always had full service on my DC-Boston; the only times I've had express were my IAD-JFKs. AFAIR the express was, like you said, 2 snack options and then OJ, water, or coffee.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: Free agent
This will work out well for me as well. I will probably cancel the card on 12/27 or 28, and with any luck they will let me move the line of credit to another card.

-J.
They will. I'm rolling my balance into a Blue Sky card for now. The transfer process is fairly easy from what I've seen.
Old Nov 7, 2015, 7:10 am

So far this year, I've only been charged for drinks around half the time, and even when I am charged AmEx (Business Platinum) seems to be reimbursing me for them.

My B6 travel has been almost exclusively BOS<->RDU, with happy hour late Thursday afternoon as I transit from RDU to BOS.
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
So far this year, I've only been charged for drinks around half the time, and even when I am charged AmEx (Business Platinum) seems to be reimbursing me for them.
I've also been noticing that I'm not being charged for drinks sometimes. I always sit in row 11 on the A320 so I'm wondering if the FAs just let is slide for EMS customers sometimes or if maybe they just forget. Either way, not complaining since with the B6 Amex I'm seemingly entitled to them now anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.