Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Same Day Stand-by from Non-stop to Connecting Flight?

Old Oct 5, 2015, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Booked a RT itinerary leaving Boston on a Wednesday and returning to Boston on Saturday (both flights non-stop), but something came up and I need to be in New York on Saturday night.

Instead of booking a train or another flight from Boston to NY as soon as my original flight gets in, I was wondering whether it's possible to use JetBlue's $50 same-day change fee to choose one of many alternate flights that connect in New York on the way to Boston, and just hop off in New York (I will have no bags)? Or does the routing on a same-day change need to be exactly the same as the original? And if the flight via New York leaves earlier than the non-stop to Boston, any way I can standby for free if I acknowledge to them that I'm OK with the (wanted) "risk" of being stranded in NY?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by pfieldston
Booked a RT itinerary leaving Boston on a Wednesday and returning to Boston on Saturday (both flights non-stop), but something came up and I need to be in New York on Saturday night.

Instead of booking a train or another flight from Boston to NY as soon as my original flight gets in, I was wondering whether it's possible to use JetBlue's $50 same-day change fee to choose one of many alternate flights that connect in New York on the way to Boston, and just hop off in New York (I will have no bags)? Or does the routing on a same-day change need to be exactly the same as the original? And if the flight via New York leaves earlier than the non-stop to Boston, any way I can standby for free if I acknowledge to them that I'm OK with the (wanted) "risk" of being stranded in NY?
It is not prohibited under JetBlue's rules, so I imagine if you call and request they will same-day change to a connecting flight. Doubt you get the $50 waived, though.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 8:10 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
The only time I've been able to do this is when weather hit, and I changed MCO-DCA to MCO-JFK-IAD. I think it honestly depends on who you're dealing with.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.