BOS Terminal C Construction

Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:53 am
Original Poster

BOS Terminal C Construction

JetBlue.com has an alert posted regarding construction at BOS Terminal C that purportedly starts today, never mind the fact that the check-in area has been ripped up for months now. They're recommending that travelers arrive 2 hours prior, and be on queue for security 1 hour before departure.

Does anyone have any information about what new construction might be causing this? Also, if anyone is transiting Terminal C today (8/30), please provide an update on any changes.

I'm on a 6:05am flight to RDU tomorrow (just another of many so far), and I normally take the Concord Coach shuttle from Portland rather than driving. It arrives at approximately 5:05am. I'm already checked-in, have Pre✔ and will have only a laptop bag and carryon.

Should I worry, or just drive down instead?

Update: I called JetBlue and they really didn't have any additional information to provide. I then called Massport's customer service line and they seemed unaware of any specifics that would require me to change my arrival time (given my checked-in/Pre✔/carryon-only status).

Last edited by Dodge DeBoulet; Aug 30, 2015 at 7:14 am Reason: JetBlue/Massport additional info
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

With PreCheck I wouldn't change much about your plans. The only reason to change IMO would be if there was roadway construction which might delay the bus.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
With PreCheck I wouldn't change much about your plans. The only reason to change IMO would be if there was roadway construction which might delay the bus.
I just checked with Concord Coach and they've received no reports from their drivers of anything other than normal congestion or a change in traffic pattern at BOS. They run hourly after 6am, so I'm sure any issues would have made it to their customer service desk by now. You're likely right, nothing to worry about
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:20 am
Original Poster

As of 5:05am 8/31, I can see no significant difference between this Monday morning and any other Monday morning I've been through BOS terminal C in the last few months.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: TrueBlue
Same here. We had a 7am flight today and everything was smooth until we were next in line at the security scan where some people who were unaccustomed to flying were having difficulties with the procedures. But that's hardly the fault of B6 or Logan.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:12 pm

What construction is going on at C? Are they finally connecting the 40 gates to the rest of C?
Old Sep 2, 2015, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
What construction is going on at C? Are they finally connecting the 40 gates to the rest of C?
It is the Terminal E-C Connector which has been under construction for quite some time now. I actually thought that it would be wrapping up by the end of the year; to see a construction alert now is curious.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:37 am

Anybody flown through there recently? B6 went to the trouble to update their travel advisory to extend through this week (originally it expired at the end of October).

Do people really need to get there 2 hours in advance?
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by pcallover
Anybody flown through there recently? B6 went to the trouble to update their travel advisory to extend through this week (originally it expired at the end of October).

If you're just going for a standard domestic flight, no. The biggest problem is the back-up at security, which is unrelated to the construction.

Mike
Old Nov 5, 2015, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pcallover

I was through there early Monday morning and it was no different from the usual. At 5:10am PreCheck took the usual 3-5 minutes; the regular security queue looked like 10-15 minutes or so.

I'll be back through there at 6:45 5PM this evening, but I don't think there will be a wait getting out . . .

Last edited by Dodge DeBoulet; Nov 5, 2015 at 9:53 am Reason: Got an earlier flight :)
Old Nov 19, 2015, 2:38 pm

Programs: In 2023? Does it matter? SPG/Marriott: Plat; DL: Plat; B6: Mosaic
The construction is getting closer to completion...within the last month, JetBlue finally opened about 10 gazillion counter positions on the left side of the departure terminal (opposite the food court). That alleviates the nasty lines that used to block the doorway entrances and makes room for new Air Emirates (and I believe a few more Cape Air) check in positions.

Of course, why they couldn't add a lower level tunnel to seamlessly move from arrival gate to baggage claim/taxi, is beyond me (since you still have to traverse the departures area). And no, the 40s gates for Alaska and Sun Country are still separated from the rest of the terminal. Which is a real pita, as there is no PreCheck nor place to buy a decent cup of coffee, post security, before flights to the West Coast

I fly out of A and C quite often, and you certainly don't need to be there more than your normal 60 minutes. If there is a traffic backup to get to C (rare, but it does happen), just alight at Terminal A and walk.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by navi_jen
And no, the 40s gates for Alaska and Sun Country are still separated from the rest of the terminal.
That construction is ongoing. I saw it last month when I was in BOS.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Airlines Gold
Originally Posted by navi_jen

Of course, why they couldn't add a lower level tunnel to seamlessly move from arrival gate to baggage claim/taxi, is beyond me (since you still have to traverse the departures area).
http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/...VhN/story.html

I guess that's coming but cannot do all at once...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.