Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Predicting when rear deplaning will be used

Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

I took a Jetblue flight that used rear-deplaning: after arrival at the gate, passengers could leave from both the front and the rear of the aircraft. Nifty!

Is there any way to predict which flights will likely offer rear-deplaning? Does it depend upon the destination airport? the type of aircraft? Is it pretty much always in use? (I don't have a lot of experience with Jetblue.)
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Mostly based on the airport IME. At LGB it is nearly ubiquitous. Pretty sure BUR sees it sometimes, too.

It is very unlikely at JFK, save for the occasional international hard stand arrival.

The vast majority of airports do not offer it as they have jet bridges to the terminal. The only time I recall consistent dual door deplaning where a jet bridge exists is the old DL Shuttle at LGA (10ish years ago; no idea if they still do it today). With open seating I'd always sit at the back door and be in the taxi line before those in row 1.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
I know it has happened at FLL as well.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 11:21 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Smaller airports such as BTV will board and deplane from the rear.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by sbm12
Mostly based on the airport IME. At LGB it is nearly ubiquitous. Pretty sure BUR sees it sometimes, too.

It is very unlikely at JFK, save for the occasional international hard stand arrival.

The vast majority of airports do not offer it as they have jet bridges to the terminal. The only time I recall consistent dual door deplaning where a jet bridge exists is the old DL Shuttle at LGA (10ish years ago; no idea if they still do it today). With open seating I'd always sit at the back door and be in the taxi line before those in row 1.
BUR on almost every flight, ROC last October although that was previously rare on B6. LGA on the flight from FLL and JFK once when there were maintenance issues. No more or less frequent than United Express pencil jets and US/AA's similar small ones.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.