Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue IT Problems - Can't Check a Bag Online

Old Jul 16, 2015, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue TrueBlue

Well, JetBlue certainly did not test out their systems enough before adding a checked bag fee. For the last two flights in a row, I've had to go to a kiosk at the airport to check my bag. It skips right past the option to check a bag during check-in. Phone support seems to be no help. They kept me on hold only to say the only way to get the $20 bag fee is to go to an airport kiosk. JetBlue really needs to start working harder to keep people from flying other airlines.

Anyone else experience this issue? I fly for work and must book the lowest fare through our travel system, which means I will always have to pay the bag fee should I need to check a bag.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 7:11 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Were you ever able to do this in the past? I can't ever recall JetBlue ever offering checked bag prepayment on the website.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

When JetBlue added bag fees and switched to the three tier fare policy, they said it would be there. It even says so in the bag fee disclaimer:

1. For Blue fares, the first checked bag fee is $20 when purchased during web check-in or at a kiosk, or $25 at the check-in counter and the second checked bag is $35.

This is right off the JetBlue website. I say don't advertise something that doesn't work.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 1:59 pm

Question jetBlue Online Baggage Check-in

I just got off the phone with a jetBlue representative, inquiring as to why one could not pay for the bags checked in online. I was told that in any airport where there is a skycap, you CANNOT check the bags in online and pay for them. At JFK, where we encountered the problem, too many people were checking their bags in online, and then trying to use the skycaps, which apparently is not allowed. So, to accommodate their customers, they removed that feature from certain airports.

Since I believe the majority of travelers DO NOT use the skycaps, this is a major inconvenience to me. Any thoughts?
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

That seems quite ridiculous. They even say in their policy you can pay online, yet they have not changed the policy.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 8:15 am

check bag on line
Old Aug 22, 2015, 8:17 am

how do i check a bag on line

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.