Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Midwestern Push?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2015, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
JetBlue Midwestern Push?

After having a noticeable gap basically since the beginning in their route map in the Midwest, JetBlue's started to make some in-roads there with relatively recent additions at DTW, CLE, and a return to BNA next year. Does anyone know/has anyone heard any hints as to what B6's plans are to continue to fill the gap? I remember reading in a recent thread on A.net someone "informed" saying MSP, STL, and a return to CMH were said to be a matter of time.

Can't speak for MSP/STL/IND/CVG, but I get the feeling CMH could use more FLL service with WN making FL's former daily service seasonal and the Allegiant/LCK-FLL combination being a little lesser-known. A return to BOS on an E190 would be a nice alternative to Delta 50 seaters or Southwest anything.

...resumed CMH-JFK would be nice because I'd love to have another option to get to DAB, too.

edit- Come to think of it, new MCO service would be nice from CMH with WN running the show now.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Southwest just started IND-BOS, and there is zero mainline to NYC right now, so I'm not sure of the current demand from Indy. They would be the 3rd carrier on any route they tried.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 11:26 pm

Southwest is also starting BOS-CMH 2x daily. I think BOS-CVG might be easier for B6.

B6 + WN on BOS-CMH would be overcapacity likely.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by rtalk25
Southwest is also starting BOS-CMH 2x daily. I think BOS-CVG might be easier for B6.

B6 + WN on BOS-CMH would be overcapacity likely.
Delta is on BOS-CMH as well.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (Silver), AAdvantage, Sun Country, FmrUS Airways Dividend Miles, Northwest WorldPerks
I wondered about overcapacity going up against WN and DL. How does CLE-BOS do on a day like today, which featured 2 B6 E190s, 5 UA ERJs, and an NK A319?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by JSprague24
I wondered about overcapacity going up against WN and DL. How does CLE-BOS do on a day like today, which featured 2 B6 E190s, 5 UA ERJs, and an NK A319?
I'd say pretty good, since they're getting another frequency
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by JSprague24
On BOS-CLE, I think B6 will be fine as it courts business pax and connecting trips over BOS, along with leisure pax.

I wonder more about NK that is running the flight seasonally but it's slated to run well into November. On a cool Wednesday in early November, when kids are in school, how many leisure pax will use the NK flight, when B6/UA fare war already is competitive faring?

BOS hotel rooms are also very expensive, and not as leisure stimulating friendly as markets like ATL, for BOS to be a getaway destination in the cold months, for NK's clientele from the CLE side. CLE likely won't be attractive to visit for BOS pax in those months, and leisure traffic from BOS side will likely choose the B6 service. But, that's my two cents.

Last edited by rtalk25; Jul 14, 2015 at 10:28 am
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:32 am

I'll leave this here, should speak for CVG

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...-cvg/27100911/

Really hope it happens. CVG is a PITA to get to from Boston as Delta has the only direct flights and they're way overpriced. The ROI would be huge for jetblue on that route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.