Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mint To Boston!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by bennos
Not that surprising... According to BTS data SFO seems to drive higher fares than LAX, and as discussed in other threads BOS has tighter ties to SFO based industries than LAX based Industry.
Tech Alley and Silicon Valley drive a lot of traffic over the BOS-SFO route. I know 4-5 people that are at least one RT and sometimes 2x weekly. They are craving the B6 Mint product.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
I hope this introduction demonstrates the viability of 'premium service' from Boston to the West Coast for the other carriers operating the route as well. AA's F on 737s and UA's F on the 757/737s leave much to be desired. I miss UA's old three class 767s here in Boston; but, of course, that's just nostalgia at this point.

Still, the option is nice to have as 5 and half hours in a B6 A320 is a bit much for me.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
At least AA F usually has AVOD
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:22 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I hope this introduction demonstrates the viability of 'premium service' from Boston to the West Coast for the other carriers operating the route as well.
+1
the DL service BOS-LAX is high on my wish-list!
Old Jul 4, 2015, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ajs123
+1
the DL service BOS-LAX is high on my wish-list!
Hoping DL makes a move!
Old Jul 4, 2015, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
I hope this introduction demonstrates the viability of 'premium service' from Boston to the West Coast for the other carriers operating the route as well. AA's F on 737s and UA's F on the 757/737s leave much to be desired. I miss UA's old three class 767s here in Boston; but, of course, that's just nostalgia at this point.

Still, the option is nice to have as 5 and half hours in a B6 A320 is a bit much for me.
I've always felt AA could make an A321T flight work on the 4:30-5PM departure out of BOS to LAX. It is the only domestic AA flight that I've seen which consistently sells strongly in F. Maybe not every day, but some days an A321T frequency could work. The flight connects nicely to most of the QF departures to Australia, and gets LAX-based travelers home in time for a decent night of sleep.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

he BOS-SFO Mint seats are now on sale.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
I will be very happy when LAX-BOS starts. I will fly AA/DL economy eastbound, but I will be even happier to snap up those introductory MINT fares.

At the moment if I can't get F BOS-LAX on DL/AA at a reasonable price, I've been connecting through JFK and buying MINT. I just don't do westbound transcons in the back. If I can avoid that extra leg at the end of a long week, I am all for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.