Search

New Amazon Prime partnership

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
New Amazon Prime partnership

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/amazon...130144713.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- Amazon wants to give JetBlue passengers a new option for tuning out that crying baby or talkative seat neighbor.

The e-commerce company will let members of Amazon's $99 annual loyalty program Prime stream its instant video service for free on their Wi-Fi enabled devices via JetBlue's inflight Wi-Fi service. JetBlue is the only U.S. airline to offer free Wi-Fi on its planes.
Old May 5, 2015, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

And even if not a prime member you can buy/rent from Amazon on a flight and sufficient bandwidth will be allocated to allow the streaming.
Old May 5, 2015, 6:34 pm

Clarification: ALL streaming will be included in the new plan, not just Amazon Prime. Amazon gets top billing in the Fly-Fi portal and pax can earn TB points for purchases but all streaming will be free thanks to the financial partnership between Amazon & JetBlue.

n.b. The link above is to my blog or to one which I am a regular contributor. FT rules require that I disclose that in the post.
Old May 5, 2015, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Good luck with that. The free on-board TV (with Direct TV) is usually spotty already, cutting in and out all the time.
Old May 5, 2015, 9:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Mama
Good luck with that. The free on-board TV (with Direct TV) is usually spotty already, cutting in and out all the time.
Apples and oranges.
Old May 6, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: Free agent
Originally Posted by tkey75
Apples and oranges.
Very much so. I'm happy I won't have to pay for the high-speed option now. All I really do is stream Prime or Netflix anyway. All of that should be free for Mosaic but I digress.
Old May 6, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Mama
Not the same antenna.
Old May 7, 2015, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by diburning
Not the same antenna.
Nor the same satellite.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 6:19 pm

I know this thread is a bit crusty, but I've been flying almost exclusively on FlyFi-less E190s since the service was announced. I'm flying BOS-LAS tomorrow evening on a 320 and intend to use my Amazon Prime access to catch up on a few series. How well does the service work?

Thanks.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
I know this thread is a bit crusty, but I've been flying almost exclusively on FlyFi-less E190s since the service was announced. I'm flying BOS-LAS tomorrow evening on a 320 and intend to use my Amazon Prime access to catch up on a few series. How well does the service work?

Thanks.
Connect to the SSID. Put in your email address and the CAPTCHA. Choose "Just Surf" (not the paid option). Do whatever you want online. Really nothing to it.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 5:02 am

Deleted - Question apparently misunderstood. Started new thread with clarification.

Last edited by Dodge DeBoulet; Feb 27, 2016 at 8:07 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.