Wiki Posts
Search

lost baggage claim question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

lost baggage claim question

Hello everyone-
I recently had items from one of my bags stolen. I was running late to board and Jetblue had me gate check a bag. They told me that I would get my bag on my way out after we landed and to speak with the flight attendant about the bag. When we landed she had no idea what i was talking about and said it will be with all the other checked bags. I went down to the carousel and retrieved my bag. When I got home and started unpacking i saw that my shopping bag I had placed on top of my other belongings was missing. I had purchased these items on my trip and the shopping bag they were inside of was gone. I called Jetblue and after I spoke with someone and filed a claim for my items. I was called 3 days later and told the bag was gone and that I needed to file a baggage report. I have to mail in a sheet stating what was missing and also send it a bank statement or receipt showing proof of purchase.

Now my question is; does anyone know what Jetblue does with this info in terms of finding out the cost? Do they actually do any investigating into what happened or call my bank or store for verification? I really just want my stuff I purchased back but it's not looking like that's going to happen and they're going to reimburse me instead. The items that were taken or "lost" total almost $3300.
Does anyone have experience with this or have had items taken that were for a large amount of money? Im wary that they won't reimburse me for the amount that I paid even though I've shown proof of purchase.

Thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:08 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Sorry you had to go through this. Most airlines are picky when it comes to reimbursements...do you still have receipts?
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Yes, luckily the items were bought the day before my flight and I have receipts and a bank statement. Im wondering what the next step is once they receive my claim and receipt. Do they call my bank or the store to follow up? Is that why it may take up to 12 weeks to process? Just wondering what they do once they receive the paperwork. Ive read a couple of postings from people who were denied reimbursement because their claimed seemed to be fraudulent.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What type of stuff was it? At that price point I'm guessing electronics and that JetBlue will disavow any responsibility at all per the CoC:

JetBlue will not be responsible for the following items in checked or unchecked baggage: money, jewelry including watches, cameras, camcorders, any type of electronic equipment, including computers, valuable papers or documents and other similar items as described in more detail in the Contract of Carriage.
http://help.jetblue.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN...=obj%281806%29

Does the CC you used for the purchase offer any theft protection or similar benefits? If so you should start the claim process there as well.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

No electronics, just clothing. I will be starting the credit card process I think they will cover what jet blue doesn't. Does anyone know what her blue does with the claim info and receipts?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.