Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

The Truth about TrueBlue Point Value

Old Feb 10, 2015, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM

I've read through the dashboard and numerous posts hoping to gain enough information as a B6 newbie to understand what TrueBlue points are really worth. Excuse me if this is clearly explained somewhere else, but I haven't seen it.

So far I am earning points rapidly by commuting on their Mint product which is among the best transcon premium products in the sky today. With that, my points are racking up quickly, but how much they are worth is not clear.

I can see the range of points required for B6 network flights. But calling to determine the number of points needed for a First Class booking on Hawaiian only yielded disappointing news that goes unaddressed on the JetBlue site. I'm being told that you cannot use TrueBlue points for first class on Hawaiian. True or False? Can I use points on partner Emirates for the first class suite product to the middle east? How about South Africa?

Is there a chart? A 3rd party thoughtful interpretation of the points value and how many are needed to use on partner airlines etc?

What are the smartest uses for the TrueBlue points?

Upgrading a rev ticket to the even more room portion of cabin as a mosaic?

Pure point award ticket on Mint?

I'd be grateful for any context and clarity that can be shared to give me a true value of these points and how to best use 'em. Thank you very much.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 8:44 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
I can only help with upgrading to EMS. Don't do it. The values needed to do so are nuts.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:07 pm

This article is good.

Can't help you with the other questions, sorry.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
Originally Posted by zippy the pinhead
This article is good.

Zippy.. Great article. Much thanks.
Old Feb 11, 2015, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by cyber1k
Zippy.. Great article. Much thanks.
Sadly the awesome Mint redemptions appear to be gone.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by FLIHGH
I can only help with upgrading to EMS. Don't do it. The values needed to do so are nuts.
^ The point redemption is pretty awful, couldn't agree more, but I've found that I've been using them lately to book EMS seats to Florida and a few other spots because the points bank just keeps growing and growing. Redeeming points for flights... well, the last full redemption I did was for MSY and at 80K r/t, it felt like a lot. Since you only get 200 points for EMS seats versus the points for the flight, I'll use them for EMS rather than an award flight. That said, I've had to call the Mosaic line a lot lately to change flights due to the weather in Boston and do mention displeasure with the EMS/Mosaic redemption. I guess they assume people will pay for them regardless. Still, it would be nice if it was discounted in cash; say $20 instead of $30. 'For your loyalty, we give you ours'...

Great article, thanks for sharing.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:34 pm
Suspended

This article is good.

Conclusions in that article are no longer valid. There has been a stealth devaluation since.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Conclusions in that article are no longer valid. There has been a stealth devaluation since.
Back this assertion with some data, if you please. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to be enlightened.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 10:07 pm
Suspended

Back this assertion with some data, if you please. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to be enlightened.
With JetBlue you’re maxed out generally at 1.45 cents per point for economy and 1.3 cents for Mint business class. (Mint used to offer better value of up to 1.7 cents, but JetBlue has sinced raised the minimum redemption from 35,000 to 46,000.
http://thepointsguy.com/2015/02/my-t...tblue-breakup/
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
Other than the Mint devaluation - which I mentioned in a comment above - what other data has TPG provided to show real redemption values?

I'm coming up on 6 months since I last did the research and plan to run the data again at some point relatively soon, but other than the change in Mint I do not expect to see an across-the-board "stealth devaluation" in the numbers. And there is no one else producing any comprehensive collection of information to show otherwise.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 11:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sbm12
I'm coming up on 6 months since I last did the research and plan to run the data again at some point relatively soon, but other than the change in Mint I do not expect to see an across-the-board "stealth devaluation" in the numbers. And there is no one else producing any comprehensive collection of information to show otherwise.
Looking forward to your findings.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP
On some routes you can redeem at ~1.8 cpm or better for last minute bookings. Recent personal data points are BOS-PIT last summer and JFK-SXM in the next few weeks.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:56 am

Programs: Trueblue Mosaic
I couldn't agree more with your complaints over the outrageous increase in points needed for EMS. I've complained as well. It seems our complaints are falling on deaf ears. Too bad Mosaic members can't band together somehow and complain with a voice loud enough to make B6 listen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.