Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Leave your heavy coat at JFK when you fly

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

Anyone used this service?

Anyone even know it is available? I flew twice last week and did not even notice it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.2088689

Old Jan 26, 2015, 6:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I snapped a photo of it back in mid-November:

It was set up pretty much right in the middle of the terminal, just inside security headed in to the central atrium area.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
That's actually an interesting service. Sure would beat lugging the coat around, though I'd be worried in the event of IROPs I'd arrive back really late and they'd be closed.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 1:52 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
To me, it makes sense to endure a few minutes of cold weather to avoid having to lug around a heavy coat in the Tropics for several weeks. Better to just leave it at home and put on a light jacket or sweater to wear for the few moments you're outside.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 5:41 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
I've left my coat in my car as BOS and at JFK rather than lugging it to warmer locations.

But I'd rather leave it at the gate, like this, if I could.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by mikew99
To me, it makes sense to endure a few minutes of cold weather to avoid having to lug around a heavy coat in the Tropics for several weeks. Better to just leave it at home and put on a light jacket or sweater to wear for the few moments you're outside.
Agreed. For $10/week, I am perfectly fine with being under dressed for a few minutes.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 4:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

This guy was on Shark Tank and turned down something like $200K from Mark Cuban because he wanted 33% of his business. Looks like he made the right choice.

What I want to know is how effective they are when you text them last minute if you are taking an earlier flight (or later flight).
Old Feb 3, 2015, 5:22 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Smart idea to go into airports, but too early to say he was smart to turn down mark Cuban.

The rent there must be outrageous, and let's be honest, this is a seasonal business there.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
My giant animal of a Canada Goose winter coat found its way off my back at JFK as I tried CoatChex for the first time.

DEPARTURE - COAT CHECK
Very friendly, but I had to call the 917 cell phone number on a posted sign as no one was at the kiosk which is located in a prime center part of the terminal. Within 3 minutes the rep. was there taking my coat and locking it away. I entered my phone number and credit card info. They email a receipt.
You prepay for the service currently at $2/day with a discount card available at the kiosk for a couple of bucks off.

I'd gladly pay $8 for the 5 day trip to warm California without lugging the beast around.

ARRIVAL - COAT RETRIEVAL

Walked up and had my coat on in less than 3 minutes ready to conquer the cold air outside. No fuss, nothing to sign. Hassle-free.

Q & A:
Question: I asked what if I come back on another airline unexpectedly.
Answer: We will try to bring the coat to your arriving terminal and meet in arrivals or we will meet outside security at T5.

Question:
What if I arrive after you close for the day and need my coat.
Answer:
We stay open so long as flights are landing and coats await guest retrieval.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward

That's very smart ideas!!! I like it. You can leave a heavy coats. When you fly out. They will bring it back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.