Help with San Juan

Old Nov 12, 2014, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Help with San Juan

Hello all having never flown outside of the US I have a question regarding a flight from Boston to San Juan in July. Trying to figure out what an average price for an airline ticket would be? Currently at $388 each what do you think can I do better than this?

Thanks for any help with this.
Old Nov 12, 2014, 5:36 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Not sure what "having never flown outside of the US" has to do with San Juan

Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:04 am
Original Poster

By that i meant price wise i know my prices to us airports but not to Puerto Rico
Old Nov 12, 2014, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Puerto Rico is part of the US.

I'd say that buying for next June now is probably a bit early and there's a decent change fares drop.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Even though SJU is part of the US, most airlines treat it as an "international" destination, however there is no customs and immigration to go through. You can actually purchase goods on the duty free shops on your way back. As for price, it is a bit early. I myself travel a lot to SJU, but from Chicago. Typical price for me is around $350 or so. Here is my take, if you feel comfortable, buy it now, what if you wait until latter, the price may go down, but you have other financials obligation. There are some websites that can give an idea on the average ticket price, I think it was one of the online travel portals.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:53 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
There is a Dept of Agriculture inspection checkpoint on the way back, but unless you're bringing back plants or fruit, you'll be OK.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 5:58 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by diburning
There is a Dept of Agriculture inspection checkpoint on the way back, but unless you're bringing back plants or fruit, you'll be OK.
Yes, the USDA inspection. All checked bags and carry on must be scanned. Nothing biggie, just put the bags on the conveyor belt, it will be scanned and a sticker placed on it. Do not fear if you forget to have a bag scanned, its not like in security they check for that or if you "check" your bag with the airline, the same thing. I personally find this a waste of time and resources, but that is another topic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.