Wiki Posts
Search

multi city group flight plans

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2014, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

multi city group flight plans

Hey all,

I am planning a multi city trip for 9 people and a lap baby. The trip is from HPN to FLL and then from Orlando to HPN in august 2015. I have some questions.

I've read that you can get a better price/selection by booking in smaller increments. For example, book 2 or 3 people at a time. Is that a sensible thing to do? I'd like to get us all on the same flight. I guess its not too risky since I will be booking as soon as uagust 2015 flights are out.

Secondly, I currently have 5666 points. Can I get more points by bookings everyone else's flights first and then using the points to get me a free flight? In other words if I book 2 people, will I be able to immediately use those points? Also, how would they know to credit me the points? I would be booking flights for someone other than myself, I assume that's allowed. But I would be using my credit card. Is it as simple as proving my member number?

Finally, I see some good prices for June 2015 at around $120 per person one way. Can I expect that to be the case for august when flights are released? And should I buy right away or is it likely those prices will come down?

Your opinions and advice are appreciated. Thanks.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by sdfly
Hey all,

I am planning a multi city trip for 9 people and a lap baby. The trip is from HPN to FLL and then from Orlando to HPN in august 2015. I have some questions.

I've read that you can get a better price/selection by booking in smaller increments. For example, book 2 or 3 people at a time. Is that a sensible thing to do? I'd like to get us all on the same flight. I guess its not too risky since I will be booking as soon as uagust 2015 flights are out.

Secondly, I currently have 5666 points. Can I get more points by bookings everyone else's flights first and then using the points to get me a free flight? In other words if I book 2 people, will I be able to immediately use those points? Also, how would they know to credit me the points? I would be booking flights for someone other than myself, I assume that's allowed. But I would be using my credit card. Is it as simple as proving my member number?

Finally, I see some good prices for June 2015 at around $120 per person one way. Can I expect that to be the case for august when flights are released? And should I buy right away or is it likely those prices will come down?

Your opinions and advice are appreciated. Thanks.
I only know for sure about the points...you actually only get the points once the flights are flown, so you wouldn't be able to use them until after they were flown.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: TrueBlue
You CAN get SOME of the points up front if you use the Jet Blue Amex card on the Jet Blue site. It takes a month or so for the points to make it to your account - but you'd get the 'bonus' points for using that card. As was pointed out before, the base points for the flight aren't awarded until you actually take the flight.

(At least that's been my experience when booking flights far in advance)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.