Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Porter Just Announced Partnership with JetBlue

Old Oct 7, 2014, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver

From the Porter Airlines Facebook page:

JetBlue & Porter are partnering to give you more! Now fly to sunny Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Las Vegas and Los Angeles from downtown Toronto with Porter & JetBlue.

The only catch is.... You'd need to connect in Boston. Porter only flies the Dash 8-Q400 so they can't get to any of those destinations themselves. The other thing is that Porter uses Toronto City Airport (Billy Bishop) (YTZ) which currently has a restriction on jet aircraft.

Porter is essentially Canada's version of JetBlue with an all-coach cabin with 34 inches of pitch standard for all seats. The only downside is no IFE.

As with all other JetBlue partnerships, through-ticketing and baggage interlining is expected to be the extent of the relationship with no reciprocal points earning/redeeming benefits.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:15 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
So you can't connect via EWR to FLL, RSW, MCO, SJU, STI, TPA or WBP?

I really like YTZ airport. Easy to get to, comfortable and quick immigration. (no preclearence but does have Nexus).
Old Oct 8, 2014, 12:17 am

Programs: SPG, Aeroplan, WJ, Avis Preferred, Hertz Gold, Fairmont PC, IHG, Marriott, Airmiles, Aventura,Avion
This is great news! No more being stuck with AC Rouge or WJ as the only options to these destinations, especially Orlando.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
On the bright side, it looks like the majority of Porter flights arrive into BOS early, so that customs in Terminal E isn't a mess with all of the European flights arriving around the same time.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:03 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
They mention YTZ-BOS-GCM as a future connection on anothera.

Porter is going to need a 5:30am or 6am weekend departure for that weekly BOS-GCM flight which departs at 9.

In the morning the two Dominican red-eyes arrive in BOS around 7:10 ish as well so you could have 370 people arriving in the customs before 7:30 and you could have a fair amount of non-residents at that time. I don't know how many CBP stations are open for non-residents at that time.

No mention of EWR connections in the article below but it has the timeline for when certain routes will be available.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1424...line-agreement
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:24 pm

I've been driving to BOS to fly to YYZ a few times a year. This is good news for me; although I could've flown BOS to YTZ on Porter, I wouldn't have had much use for the points. I can get MileagePlus points on Air Canada, but I'd rather earn them on B6.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 2:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet
I've been driving to BOS to fly to YYZ a few times a year. This is good news for me; although I could've flown BOS to YTZ on Porter, I wouldn't have had much use for the points. I can get MileagePlus points on Air Canada, but I'd rather earn them on B6.
This is an interline agreement, not FF reciprocity.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by sbm12
Right! This is an interline agreement, but not an codeshare or TrueBlue program.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
Well, that sucks.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
It's going to be a bit of a hassle connecting in BOS. If coming from YTZ, you'll need to clear immigration in terminal E and then use a bus to get over to terminal C; I wouldn't want less than 90 minutes for the connection. I assume they'll have a way to check your bag at BOS on to the B6 flight after you get it at customs so you won't have to take your bag to the B6 counter in terminal C.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
It's going to be a bit of a hassle connecting in BOS. If coming from YTZ, you'll need to clear immigration in terminal E and then use a bus to get over to terminal C; I wouldn't want less than 90 minutes for the connection. I assume they'll have a way to check your bag at BOS on to the B6 flight after you get it at customs so you won't have to take your bag to the B6 counter in terminal C.
There's a transfer desk in terminal E but if you have only 1 hr Massport suggests getting to your terminal with your bags.

Watch the set of international arrivals videos here: http://massport.airportwayfinder.com/
Old Oct 9, 2014, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Speaking of baggage I wonder how that will be handled. B6 has 1 free bag with all tickets and Porter does not.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 6:00 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
For most travelers, the walking connection between C & E is pretty easy. I measured it in Google Maps, it's about 1400-1500 feet from the middle of Terminal E outside customs to the middle of Terminal C ticketing area. It's all inside except for one outside connection between the two buildings (which basically just crosses a small driveway). It's probably shorter than the walk up/down concourses at many major airports.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 5:29 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by octr202
For most travelers, the walking connection between C & E is pretty easy. I measured it in Google Maps, it's about 1400-1500 feet from the middle of Terminal E outside customs to the middle of Terminal C ticketing area. It's all inside except for one outside connection between the two buildings (which basically just crosses a small driveway). It's probably shorter than the walk up/down concourses at many major airports.
Agreed.

I've made this walk hundreds of times, much better than waiting for the bus to come and take you around the perimeter to C.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:14 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Jet Blue could not book Porter/Jet Blue combined ticket

My niece called Jet Blue agent from Grenada - trying to book this one way combined Porter/Jet Blue flights I found on google flights (Canada). I wonder what is the reason that the agent could not book this itinerary (see below)?

Link: https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...9;a=B6,PD;eo=e

Flights
Flights
Explore map
Tracked prices
Currency CAD
Language English (Canada)
Help
Feedback

1 adult
Economy
Round tripOne wayMulti-city
YOW Ottawa

Where from?
GND Grenada

Where to?
Sat, September 16
Add return date
One way flight
Sat, Sep 16

10:25 AM 11:27 AM
Ottawa (YOW) Toronto (YTZ)
Porter Airlines 216 Economy Class De Havilland-Bombardier Dash-8
Above average legroom (81 cm)
Propeller plane
1h 02m
No Wi-Fi
No in-seat power
Layover in Toronto YTZ2h 18m

1:45 PM 3:20 PM
Toronto (YTZ) Boston (BOS)
Porter Airlines 943 Economy Class De Havilland-Bombardier Dash-8
Propeller plane
Often delayed by 30+ min
1h 35m
No Wi-Fi
No in-seat power
Layover in Boston BOS Overnight14h 10m

5:30 AM+1 6:42 AM+1
Boston (BOS) New York City (JFK)
JetBlue 917 Economy Class Embraer RJ-190
1h 12m
Wi-Fi
Live TV
No in-seat power
Layover in New York City JFK1h 58m

8:40 AM+1 1:42 PM+1
New York City (JFK) Grenada (GND)
JetBlue 949 Economy Class Airbus A320
Above average legroom (86 cm)
Often delayed by 30+ min
5h 02m
Live TV
No Wi-Fi
No in-seat power
Ads
Book, track or share this flight
Total incl taxes & fees for 1 adult Additional bag fees may apply.
23% fare increase likely in less than 1h Learn more
$666
US$548
Call JetBlue to book: +1‑800‑538‑2583
TTY number: +1‑800‑336‑5530
Airlines may charge an additional fee for booking by phone.
$597
Book with a travel agent
Travel agents may charge an additional fee for booking.
Track price
Track price
Save this trip to track price changes and receive price alerts and travel tips by email. Learn more
Send to yourselfShare
Share this itinerary
Ottawa
Grenada
$587
Puerto Ordaz and San Felix
Aruba
$615
Georgetown, Guyana
Port of Spain
$576
Maracaibo
Antigua
$1,346
San Juan, Puerto Rico
$517

2017 Google -
Terms of UseExplore destinations
Explore the world
Flights to AfricaFlights to AsiaFlights to AustraliaFlights to EuropeFlights to North AmericaFlights to South America
Top destinations from Ottawa
Flights to VancouverFlights to Orlando, FloridaFlights to CalgaryFlights to BostonFlights to ChicagoFlights to EdmontonFlights to MontrealFlights to PhoenixFlights to CharlottetownFlights to VictoriaFlights to SydneyFlights to Saskatoon
Follow us

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.