Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Flying redeye LAX to EWR - best/cheapest way

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2014, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Hi - this is my first post on FlyerTalk but I've been reading for a while. For JetBlue users, do you know when they make fare changes? I'm trying to fly November 2nd on the redeye from LAX to either EWR (ideal) or JFK. I was going to fly direct but it seemed pricey at $239 one way so I decided to try a layover and pick up a TrueBlue badge in the process. I was looking at LAX to FLL to EWR, since I'd rather get to EWR than JFK and the first part of it, LAX to FLL, was only $159 as of yesterday, but between yesterday and today those prices went up. So a) I wanted to know how many days before a flight do they tend to change prices and b) suggestions for other cheap transfers from LAX to EWR. If I'm going to fly straight to JFK I should probably go with the $239/13,000 points. Thanks for any advice you have about this route!
Old Oct 5, 2014, 12:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

What a flight will cost can change at any time; the published fares don't necessarily change but what inventory they have might. Also, there are advance purchase requirements on some fares and 21 days is often a point at which cheaper fares are no longer available, though I haven't looked specifically at JetBlue in that market.

The badges aren't really worth much in the real world and I'd probably save the time over trying to piece something together which is going to cost about the same in the end anyways.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.