Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Flight time change of ~6 hour... Any point in complaining

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight time change of ~6 hour... Any point in complaining

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Flight time change of ~6 hour... Any point in complaining?

So a flight I booked a few months ago with a 7:05pm departure was changed to a 1:15pm departure. The time change is pretty significant for me, it means that I have to take at least an extra half day of vacation, possibly a full day. Also the kids will have to skip another day of school. To top it off, I didn't even get an email notification of the change (luckily my wife did)

So should I call jetblue to complain? Does it make any difference that the flight was a super cheap fare?

Last edited by aarif1; Sep 29, 2014 at 7:52 am
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Is there a better timed flight which would work for you?

They should give you a refund if you want based on that significant a change or change you to an alternate JetBlue flight if there is one which is better for you. Other than that, however, I wouldn't expect much of anything.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by aarif1
So a flight I booked a few months ago with a 7:05pm departure was changed to a 1:15pm departure. The time change is pretty significant for me, it means that I have to take at least an extra half day of vacation, possibly a full day. Also the kids will have to skip another day of school. To top it off, I didn't even get an email notification of the change (luckily my wife did)

So should I call jetblue to complain? Does it make any difference that the flight was a super cheap fare?
No reason to complain. Just ask for a different flight.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses... there are only 2 flights a day, the other one being an early AM departure, which I'd rather skip. Oh well, guess I have to suck it up.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 8:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
With that large a change, you are entitled to a full refund to your original form of payment and you can then book on any carrier you want.

Only you can determine the hassle factor associated with early AM departure vs. day of work + school.

There is nothing to complain about because there is nothing to be done.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.