Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Bank has new rules.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2014, 4:05 pm
Original Poster

I noticed a $53 price drop this morning and as usual, I called in and nicely asked to have the difference deposited into my JB bank.
I was told that as of midnight last night, there is a $75 fee to do this.
Another nice perk.....gone....
Old Aug 15, 2014, 4:44 am

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
That's really disappointing. I've always booked family on JB for this very reason...But I guess will no longer book with JB for them if the fare is a bit higher.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 5:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Confirmed.

We will continue to honor the lower fare within 14 days of ticketing at no charge.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 6:36 am

Programs: Hertz Five Star, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, National Executive, Alaksa MVP
Is this the beginning? For an airline of the "people", they sure are starting to look like every other airline..
Old Aug 15, 2014, 6:40 am
Suspended

I think they were leaving money on the table with this generous policy. I surmise there was some shareholders' push-back to have it changed.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by dieuwer2
I think they were leaving money on the table with this generous policy. I surmise there was some shareholders' push-back to have it changed.
Agreed...this is the sort of thing which comes about when Wall Street says, "Gee, you aren't screwing customers as much as the other guys and aren't making as much money as they are; maybe you could work on that."

Definitely sucks, but at least they kept the 2-week window. Better than nothing.

And Mosaic status just became a bit more valuable.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Was always a bad idea as its an economic disincentive to lower fares. And, because their competitors don't do it, there's no reason to do it as it's not going to cost much business.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
DOT Implications

Do you think the DOT will require B6 to honor the old rules for tickets purchased prior to the policy change?
Lets say someone bought tickets a year out and bought them planning to get the credit if the fare went down which it most often does a few months prior to the flight. When they bought such a ticket, they would have been advised of the current fare credit policy.

I also don't know how much B6 is losing here, I mean, how many customers with a life will track the price of their ticket every day, etc.?

This is another differentiater B6 has lost.

I agree they are going down a road to be like any other airline, and its not a good road.
Also our pro business government, even under a democratic administration, has allowed all of these mergers to go through, and the fewer airlines flying means that anti consumer policies are more likely to stick.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by jetsetter
I also don't know how much B6 is losing here, I mean, how many customers with a life will track the price of their ticket every day, etc.?
You can set a Kayak alert for this and not have to do any tracking yourself.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 6:40 pm

Do you think the DOT will require B6 to honor the old rules for tickets purchased prior to the policy change?
Perhaps, but it was an unpublished rule so it would be hard to say they have to honor it.

Enough, and tracking it can be automated via a number of resources.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
It'll be curious how it factors into their future profitability-- I know some people book with B6 solely for this purpose.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:49 am

Programs: UA 2P, NWA & AirTran A+ refugee

The new price drop capture fee of $75 is still far less than mainline carriers (e.g., a $200 change fee on UA). So while this B6 benefit has been degraded, it has not been eliminated.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 2:05 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by Often1
Was always a bad idea as its an economic disincentive to lower fares. And, because their competitors don't do it, there's no reason to do it as it's not going to cost much business.
Alaska Airlines and Southwest both do the credit for price drops. No fee as far as I am aware.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Does it matter if the ticket was booked on trueblue points? Can I request a refund of the point difference if the ticket was greater than 14 days?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.