Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancellation Procedure?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I just called AmEx and filed the dispute. I'll continue to fly on JetBlue (assuming they don't ax my TrueBlue account) but this process was just ridiculous, and frankly unnecessary. Why can't anyone from customer service simply refund me on the spot?

I received a response to my DOT complaint, was told that my complaint appears to violate DOT rules (voucher≠refund) and was assigned an analyst to handle communication between JetBlue, DOT, and myself.
Old Aug 2, 2014, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

It's amazing what a chargeback can set into motion. They removed the voucher and initiated the refund the day after I filed the chargeback.

Now, I wonder if they'll ever respond to that DOT complaint!
Old Aug 17, 2014, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA, B6, DL
Same problem happened to me last week. Cancelled my reservation within 24 hours but was assessed a cancellation fee and remainder was credited to my travel bank. When I spoke to customer service, I was advised that a full refund will be issued. Three days later - still no refund. But a dummy reservation is now in my account. i will wait for a few more days before lodging a complaint with DOT.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

I'm getting VERY annoyed with their system. I'm having another problem with them right now. See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/jetbl...3754-true.html

They finally responded to my DOT Complaint. This was their response:

Dear Mr. [diburning],

Your concerns sent to the Department of Transportation (DOT) have been forwarded to JetBlue's Corporate Office. We sincerely apologize for the frustration you've experienced and we appreciate this opportunity to respond.

Our records confirm that you called to cancel your reservation [res #] within the initial 24 hour time period as stated. The refund was also initiated within the 24 hour time period; although, we regret that it was accidentally sent to an incorrect queue for processing which created the delay.

We have included the full refund receipt (below) for the full amount of [purchase price] which was sent to the American Express credit card originally charged ending in [removed]. Depending on your credit card company's procedures this should have appeared on your latest credit card statement.

[technical info removed]

We genuinely value you as a JetBlue customer and hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you under better circumstances in the future. We can assure you that we will do our best in providing great customer service for you.

Sincerely,

[agent]
Corporate Customer Support
JetBlue Airways
And I thought United's IT was bad... It makes me rethink my airline loyalty.
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by phanatic
Same problem happened to me last week. Cancelled my reservation within 24 hours but was assessed a cancellation fee and remainder was credited to my travel bank. When I spoke to customer service, I was advised that a full refund will be issued. Three days later - still no refund. But a dummy reservation is now in my account. i will wait for a few more days before lodging a complaint with DOT.
From what I've heard, the process to remove Travel Bank funds and issue an actual refund is a manual process.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:49 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
A couple months ago I canceled the outbound half of a round trip. I was expecting a penalty to be deducted but it was not. Maybe my fare class was high enough to have no penalty? Anyhow I got half the RT fare in my travel bank.

Recently I added about $100 to that travel bank money to book a flight that I would not have bought otherwise. Win-win.

Travel bank funds lock the customer in for future travel. That's what Southwest knows. JetBlue should look at cutting its change fees way down, so as to maximize this effect. Just my opinion.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Yep, and I don't mind it at all. I took a trip to DCA to take advantage of the DC Times Three promotion earlier this year. I had some travel bank funds expiring, so I used them for a pleasant trip to the nation's capital. I paid ~$25 on top of what was covered by the Travel Bank. JetBlue Travel Bank funds are treated the same as any other form of payment, so I get all of the points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.