Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Rumor, B6 Moving to Terminal B at DCA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2014, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire

Have any of you heard about this, or any related details or dates?

I understand before the move they are going to get 1-2 more gates at Terminal A.

I fly a lot BOS to DCA on US and B6, and I prefer the main terminal B/C complex especially when accessing the DCA subway, Metro.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond

We will be moving to Terminal B in DCA in order to accommodate the new flights we will be launching.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Any Approximate Time Frame for the Move?

Also I like the A/B/C main complex better especially for the metro? What do you all think as to the pros and cons of the B6 current (old) location as compared to Terminal B?
Old Jun 24, 2014, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by jetsetter
Also I like the A/B/C main complex better especially for the metro? What do you all think as to the pros and cons of the B6 current (old) location as compared to Terminal B?
Both are overcrowded and short of airside amenities, from barstools to simple gate seating. Quicker taxi access at Terminal A sometimes. Quicker Metro access at Terminal B. Not a lot of arguments for staying in A unless you want to pretend you've tripped into a rift in the space-time continuum and found yourself in 1965.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by BearX220
Not a lot of arguments for staying in A unless you want to pretend you've tripped into a rift in the space-time continuum and found yourself in 1965.
+1

lol
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:56 am

Got this email from JetBlue last night, setting a date for the change:
Please be advised that beginning September 3, 2014, the JetBlue ticket counter/office at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) will begin operating from its new location in Terminal B, with flights departing/arriving out of Gates 26, 28, 30 and 32.

Customers traveling to/from DCA on/after this date are advised the following:
• Plan to arrive at least two hours prior to departure
• Cutoff time for check in is 30 minutes, with or without baggage

To help direct you to the right location, the Airport Authority will display terminal signage announcing the relocation.

We look forward to welcoming you to our new location, and ask if you have any additional questions to please contact a JetBlue representative at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583). If calling from outside the US, visit the Contact Us section on jetblue.com for additional phone numbers.

We thank you for choosing to fly with us!

Sincerely,

JetBlue Airways
I like the food, retail, and bathrooms in B, but I'll miss the ease of security at A, and the out-dated-looking-but-nicely-functional-and-exclusive-ticketing-and-baggage claim area the they had in A.

Last edited by GrnMtnMan; Aug 26, 2014 at 11:25 am
Old Aug 30, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
While I was at DCA today, I passed the new check-in counters. B6 will be between AA and VX. The counters have already been finished with B6 branding and are plastered with signs explaining the 9/3 move. That section of the check-in floor features numerous B6 kiosks.

I would have taken pictures, but the thought did not occur to me at the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.