JetBlue Mint Menus

Old Apr 9, 2017, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by diburning
Is it Toscaninis? I used to get my morning coffee from there when I worked across the street!
Yes
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by Carfield
I am still mainly out of the country and have yet to step onboard a Mint flight, but have been tracking its menus, which are updated on its website monthly.

I have noticed some "enhancements" with the menus:

Not so bad "enhancements" - basically changed vendors
1. No more Blue Marble ice cream - now just local brand - whatever that meant
2. The pre-arrival pastry is now designed by Milk Bar.

Real "enhancement":
1. Cutback on dessert - no more fruit salad, which is bad because I like the options of that fruit salad. jetBlue's fresh fruit basket has been pretty inconsistent on its offering, such as the lack of bananas on most flights.
2. Change on redeye flights offering:
a. No more amuse bouche to go with first beverage service
b. The pre-arrival breakfast has been reduced from a hot egg sandwich/wrap to a bagel and a bottle of cold-pressed juice, but now jetBlue will also use Milk bar bakery items for those redeye breakfasts.

Anyone experiences the new jetBlue Mint catering yet?

Carfield
I noticed this as well. For me, the biggest changes were:

- somewhat more substantial options for food (pasta with ragout, which was sublime, by the way)
- limited dessert (no fruit) - bad
- the breakfast which you can opt to take to-go. This is limited to red-eyes according to the FA.

I am actually beyond pleased with the breakfast. The bagel was very good, the smoothie was tasty, and you can get a coffee with it. The lack of fresh baked treats is a disappointment; I'm not a big fan of the giant milk bar cookie. But I'll take what I can get.

The breakfast 'enhancement' is great, by the way, because it not only tastes better and is a more wholesome breakfast, but they also gave you the option to enable the switch to be woken up for it. If you decided to sleep in like my seat mate, they'll give it for you to go at deplaning. I'd say that's good.

I did get the amuse bouche. It's on the menu too, so I don't think that's been scrapped.
Old Apr 9, 2017, 6:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Here's the menu for 'shuteye service', the red-eye ex-SFO:

And ex-BOS, regular service:

I think the new red-eye service has been designed to be done faster. Good call, I'd say.
Old Apr 18, 2017, 11:01 am

I just flew SFO>BOS last night on a mint flight, same menu as Caliform's, and I was very impressed, with two minor criticisms:

1. The ice cream was tasty, but rock hard. This was a real drag because it was delicious, and every minute spent waiting for it to be soft enough to actually eat cut into sleeping time. I wound up sending half the dish away because between the time of service and waiting for it to be edible meant I lost a good chunk of rest. I don't want to skip service on the flight (I paid for it, after all) but that was disappointing.

2. The breakfast bagel/cookie/smoothie combo was a good wake-me-up. While I would have preferred a real egg sandwich, I did find the bagel quite tasty. The cookie was also great.

3. No complaints about the seat/experience, though I should have asked for a second pillow. Dennis Hopper's amenity kit was a nice touch.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
I see lots and lots of posts with the food
menu, but what about wines and drinks? I've not yet flown mint (and only B6 a few times) so not familiar. Maybe they don't change often?
Old Apr 25, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Thanks for posting those shut eye menus. I think it's helpful to see if you're deciding between Mint or a seat in the back.
Old May 10, 2017, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by nevansm
I see lots and lots of posts with the food
menu, but what about wines and drinks? I've not yet flown mint (and only B6 a few times) so not familiar. Maybe they don't change often?
I just took a look at the menu (as I'm flying next month and wanted a tease) and B6 has the best wine in the domestic US skies. I thought that on my Mint flight in January, and think this month's selections are fantastic.

Roederer Estate for bubbles, don't know the white, Lioco Rosé - really delicious, and Broc Valdiguié- yum yum yum. (I'm not familiar with the Pinot.) I hope my list is the same next month. I'll be in happy heaven. Other than the Roederer, these selections aren't in high enough production for a larger carrier (i.e., there's only 1100 cases of the Valdiguié).
Old May 18, 2017, 10:18 pm

FLL->SFO Mint

They told me it was the second day operating Mint service from FLL->SFO so likely this is new content!

The tast was Onion Dip + Tarro Chips + Lagunitas Ale (You can of course choose whatever you wish to drink

I would have preferred AA's warm nuts to the chips and dip but I do like the premium beer selection. With AA it would have been Sam Adams or Heineken. They did run out of Lagunitas during the flight.

I selected a Cesar salad, Burger (with bacon jam), and Beans+Quinoa. The Cesar salad was the best, Beans second, with the Burger last. Salad was very fresh and pleasant, the bean+quinoa was very filling while the burger was dry and very overcooked. Only decent part of the burger was the cheese and lettuce. I skipped desert which was three scoops of icecream from a Miami parlor.

No picture but was handed an amazing cookie from a Miami bakery which was really really good even days later. The seats were amazing, service was great. Much better then AA, would buy again.
Attached Images   
Old May 21, 2017, 11:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Ha, I just had the same meal service out of BOS - with the exception of the ice cream, which was done by a local creamery. Great ice cream.
Old May 22, 2017, 7:59 pm

For your enjoyment, see what I had on my return from SFO->FLL which was a 7:00am flight so breakfast anda bloody mary.

Shrimp and zucchini - Good. The zucchini was moist and the shrimp had a pleasing texture.

Huevos rancheros - The best. Really great, much better then those brunch places you see the kids queuing up for. These eggs were fresh and spiced perfectly.

Pancakes, Apples, Sausage - Worst of the three. Pancakes were standard microwaved variety. Apples should have been fresh but were baked, and sausage was dry. But the the syrup over everything was the real sin. Asked for no syrup but likely that's just they way it comes.

Dessert was sorbet which I skipped. Enjoyed an orange from the snack basket and departing cookie was great.

Like the outbound I was very much impressed by the seats, service and satellite internet access. Don't tell Jetblue, but they can serve me just those horrible blue terra chips and I would still buy Mint for the seat and AC outlet
Attached Images  
Old May 25, 2017, 11:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Was the Bloody Mary good? Thanks for reporting in
Old May 26, 2017, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by caliform
Ha, I just had the same meal service out of BOS - with the exception of the ice cream, which was done by a local creamery. Great ice cream.
^
Old Jun 9, 2017, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

JetBlue Westbound & Southbound June 2017 Lunch/Dinner

Westbound & Southbound Menu
Lunch/Dinner

Welcome Taste
*Eggplant Mousse with Taro Chips

Delish Dishes
Step up to the plate(s) & choose three. Please note: The first two dishes are served chilled. A lighter meal option is available upon request.

*Wheatberry & Smoked Almond Couscous
Feta, golden raisin, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, mint

*Shrimp & Mango Salad
Baby gem lettuce, watermelon radish, cucumber, sesame-soy vinaigrette

Asiago Stuffed Gnocchi
San Marzano tomato sauce, burrata, oven-dried tomatoes, pine nuts

Jerk Chicken Breast
Smashed sweet potatoes, vegetable escabeche

Lamb Meatloaf
Roasted potatoes, carrots, baby turnips, peas, lamb jus

Sweet Bites
Ice Cream
Local Ice Cream

24/7
They’re lip-snacking good

Fresh whole fruit
Signature JetBlue Snacks
Cappuccino & espresso
Brooklyn Roasted Company, Brooklyn, NY

When you re-treat
Cookie
Milk bar, NYC and beyond

Old Jun 9, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
I would not have thought the lamb meat loaf would look the best but it does.
Old Jun 10, 2017, 3:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And here's the shuteye service for June ex-SFO. Breakfast was the same as previously -- still great. Love it.

Didn't have the food. Just slept.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.