Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic - It is a disgrace

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue TrueBlue Mosaic - It is a disgrace

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:06 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
@Miamijohn: Are you able to select them during booking without an extra charge or do you request them at the airport/boarding? I have read some mosaics have asked at the gate and are given EMS seats for free.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
Got it, so there's a second type of free change available to Mosaics that's more like what I can do as a UA Gold or above. (I hadn't connected paragraphs 1 and 2 in the earlier post.) Is literally any open seat available to Mosaics as long as the origin and destination match? Does it include Mint?

Where is this perk documented, separate from the standard waived change fees?
It's any available seat in your same fare class. So you cant change from a Core seat to a Mint seat without upgrading. You can find the policy here

Originally Posted by kq747
@Miamijohn: Are you able to select them during booking without an extra charge or do you request them at the airport/boarding? I have read some mosaics have asked at the gate and are given EMS seats for free.
I'm not 100% sure, but it seems that GAs are instructed to upgrade Mosaics if EMS seats are avilable. I've never had to pay for a seat and get one 100% of the time. I usually go up ~30m prior to boarding and ask if there are EMS seats available, show my current boarding pass, and boom - new boarding pass.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 8:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by JHewAtNEU
So you cant change from a Core seat to a Mint seat without upgrading.
Thanks! But to be clear, obviously I wasn't suggesting it would be possible to move to an open Mint seat without a Mint reservation.

I was asking if a Mint customer could move to any open Mint seat as a same-day change, without paying a fare difference. I fly Mint BOS<>SFO fairly regularly, and it would be a great help to know I could SDC to any flight with an open seat. Those last-minute seats generally go for double what I paid for my ticket.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by jetsetter
I really think the waived change and cancellation fee benefit is killer, and I'd like to here from you if you agree or disagree. I really don't understand why people don't value this benefit more. It literally saves me several thousand dollars of cold hard cash every year.

Let me give you some real world examples just from this summer, and just a few:
1. Today I changed my BOS to DCA flight 2-3 times at no charge. Having to pin down a specific time you will take one of these east coast hops is like saying you should have to pick in advance a specific time you will jump on the subway to go to work. Also the same day changes book in to any open Y seat, even if the flight is Y1E0K0B0, etc. etc. Conversely, on AA, even as an Exec Plat, E inventory has to be available in order to confirm the same day change,.

2. B6 recognizes DCA/IAD/BWI as co terminals or "sister city's," as they call it. So, sure, book a cheap 6:00am flight to BWI, and change it to 7:00pm to DCA, no questions asked, no problem, done on the first point of contact over the phone. I tried this with AA and they adamantly refused even at the airport.

3. I was booked to go to the WAS area next weekend. Now a family member and there friend want to go. So I cancelled my ticket, got credit back, and booked the 3 of us on one PNR. We'll all get benefits like no change/cancel fees, free checked bags, etc. Sometimes even if you get lucky all the pax in the PNR get the Mosaic free drinks even though that is not official policy. On AA as an exec plat in coach, the policy is one free drink and one food item. Quite often I want more than 1 drink, and also with the B6 card its 50% off food which is an awesome perk!

4. Similarly this fall I had a flight booked to DCA, and now my mom wanted to go. So I cancel my ticket, and book us all on the same PNR, and we all get the Mosaic benefits. I just would not have that flexibility on AA even as an Executive Platinum 100K flyer, unfortunately! They would try to nickel and dime me with change fees, and my plans always change.

I just can't understand why more people are not more esttatic about this prceless flexibility that these policies give you as a travler? I mean, are other peoples plans so rigid and never changing? Do you just not mind paying the airlines $200 for change fees?
Agree 100%. I fly with my family and can save hundreds of dollars on each trip by getting same day changes and free cancelation / rebooking for everyone on my reservation.

I can't believe that people complain about spending 300 - 1000 points for EMS seats that are otherwise sold for $25-100. It's pennies compared to the fee free benefits and flexibility.

AA EXP has some great perks, but even if I purchased full fare tickets I wouldn't get the flexibility I get from jetblue for same day changes to connections and nearby airports.
Old Aug 16, 2016, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by JHewAtNEU
I'm not 100% sure, but it seems that GAs are instructed to upgrade Mosaics if EMS seats are avilable. I've never had to pay for a seat and get one 100% of the time. I usually go up ~30m prior to boarding and ask if there are EMS seats available, show my current boarding pass, and boom - new boarding pass.
I didn't realise it was that common...will definitely ask on my trip in two weeks! Thanks!
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:26 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Miamijohn
As a mosaic member i get free liquor,unlimited cancelations,choosing of any even more seat at no cost,having checked in luggage come out first at the carousel and not having to wait in long lines at tsa checkpoint.
The checked luggage coming out first is NOT a guarantee per the B6 twitter team. The first time I used it, my bag was #26 off the carousel at JFK. That's when they told me it wasn't guaranteed.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by kq747
I didn't realise it was that common...will definitely ask on my trip in two weeks! Thanks!
I think the gate upgrades are airport specific. I've never gotten one at JFK/LGA. Do tell us how you make out though.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
I was asking if a Mint customer could move to any open Mint seat as a same-day change, without paying a fare difference. I fly Mint BOS<>SFO fairly regularly, and it would be a great help to know I could SDC to any flight with an open seat. Those last-minute seats generally go for double what I paid for my ticket.
I booked a $55 each way flight to Chicago back in May. By the time I travelled, the flight back was over $200. When I realized my meeting was ending earlier than expected, I called Mosaic from Chicago the night before departure to ask what it would cost to move on to the earlier flight. They moved me for free. I had originally booked an EMS seat and they moved me into the exact same seat on the earlier flight.
Old Aug 18, 2016, 9:43 am

I really think the waived change and cancellation fee benefit is killer, and I'd like to here from you if you agree or disagree. I really don't understand why people don't value this benefit more. It literally saves me several thousand dollars of cold hard cash every year.

1. Today I changed my BOS to DCA flight 2-3 times at no charge. Having to pin down a specific time you will take one of these east coast hops is like saying you should have to pick in advance a specific time you will jump on the subway to go to work. Also the same day changes book in to any open Y seat, even if the flight is Y1E0K0B0, etc. etc. Conversely, on AA, even as an Exec Plat, E inventory has to be available in order to confirm the same day change,.

2. B6 recognizes DCA/IAD/BWI as co terminals or "sister city's," as they call it. So, sure, book a cheap 6:00am flight to BWI, and change it to 7:00pm to DCA, no questions asked, no problem, done on the first point of contact over the phone. I tried this with AA and they adamantly refused even at the airport.

3. I was booked to go to the WAS area next weekend. Now a family member and there friend want to go. So I cancelled my ticket, got credit back, and booked the 3 of us on one PNR. We'll all get benefits like no change/cancel fees, free checked bags, etc. Sometimes even if you get lucky all the pax in the PNR get the Mosaic free drinks even though that is not official policy. On AA as an exec plat in coach, the policy is one free drink and one food item. Quite often I want more than 1 drink, and also with the B6 card its 50% off food which is an awesome perk!

4. Similarly this fall I had a flight booked to DCA, and now my mom wanted to go. So I cancel my ticket, and book us all on the same PNR, and we all get the Mosaic benefits. I just would not have that flexibility on AA even as an Executive Platinum 100K flyer, unfortunately! They would try to nickel and dime me with change fees, and my plans always change.

I just can't understand why more people are not more esttatic about this prceless flexibility that these policies give you as a travler? I mean, are other peoples plans so rigid and never changing? Do you just not mind paying the airlines $200 for change fees?
Everyone has different travel habits so people find value in different things. I don't think anyone here should be judging how anyone else travels. We all have different priorities and travel needs. For me, I find early boarding every flight to be "killer" because the former fearful flier in me likes to get acclimated to the airplane environment. It also gives me a chance to give the FAs some chocolate before everyone else boards.

Have I made flight changes after booking? Yes I have but it's no means the most important piece of the program for me. If it weren't an available benefit, I would settle for the original flight I book or get travel insurance.

And the same city thing is great for as long as it lasts. AA used to do it as well and then changed it to separate cities.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I think the gate upgrades are airport specific. I've never gotten one at JFK/LGA. Do tell us how you make out though.
Just did BOS-DTW return. Asked the GA in BOS is there were EMS seats available and mentioned I was Mosaic and willing to pay in points (so I didn't seem entitled ) and presto! Tried the same at DTW and the agent already had a new BP printed and waiting for me. It was for row 4 but I wanted 10/11 for the wingview because you know, I'm an avgeek, and she was happy to issue me 10F. FA's were good too on both flights and liberal with drinks. One even apologized for not personally thanking me for my business earlier.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM

Umm, DL Diamonds get the unpublished benefit of co-airport SDC changes all the time. I have used it without fail time and time again. Also, whenever I respectfully request DL to waive the change fee, they are very good at doing just that. To try and compare Mosaic to DL DM is quite hysterical. I mean, we are talking apples and oranges, minor league (being Mosaic) and the big leagues. I can go on and on how DL DM blows Mosaic out of the water but everyone knows that so no need to try and prove my point.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: Free agent
You've just been responding to threads in this sub just to blast JB. It's getting tiresome.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
To try and compare Mosaic to DL DM is quite hysterical. I mean, we are talking apples and oranges, minor league (being Mosaic) and the big leagues. I can go on and on how DL DM blows Mosaic out of the water but everyone knows that so no need to try and prove my point.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 11:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
Originally Posted by RWPrincess
I booked a $55 each way flight to Chicago back in May. By the time I travelled, the flight back was over $200. When I realized my meeting was ending earlier than expected, I called Mosaic from Chicago the night before departure to ask what it would cost to move on to the earlier flight. They moved me for free. I had originally booked an EMS seat and they moved me into the exact same seat on the earlier flight.
FWIW I did this in Costa Rica and had no Mosaic and they had no problem putting me on an earlier flight (which connected to another in FLL, to SFO) and also rebooking the FLL-SFO leg to an earlier flight so I wouldn't have a 6 hour layover. Jetblue is nice about this stuff.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic, DL PM
Originally Posted by DL2SXM
Also, whenever I respectfully request DL to waive the change fee, they are very good at doing just that.
Policy >> respectful request
Try getting delta to waive fees, or even honor a lower fare, on a 5 person booking. They won't give up $500+ in fees for one DM on the booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.