Search

BOS Question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2014, 5:45 pm
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
BOS Question

We are UA frequent flyers. Whenever we have come into the C terminal for our morning UA flights, we've always been surprised by the long check in lines for JetBlue.

We've just purchased B6 tickets for Spring Break week (yikes!) and while we have flown B6 in the past, we've never had to check a bag until now. Are we going to have to stand in that long line? Is there a bag drop for people who have checked in online?

We purchased Even More.....if it matters.

Thanks.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:44 am

There can be lengthy lines, especially in the early morning. EMS or OLCI will make no difference. Depending on when your flight is, UA might have moved out of terminal C, which will create more space.

IME, the bag drop-off lines aren't that bad, but do prepare for some waiting. Assuming you aren't alone, you could have one person compare the outside and inside lines. I have seen plenty of times where the outside (curbside, with fee) line was longer (and colder) than the normal line.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
I did a bag drop on Labor Day weekend BOS-PBI and the bag drop was quick though I had a minor issue with counter agent and mobile boarding passes.

Waiting to get through TSA is the tougher part!
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by adambisi

Waiting to get through TSA is the tougher part!
Which is where EMS becomes more critical. The main line can get very long and move at a crawl.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:33 am

Programs: AA, SPG
I flew out of BOS a week before Christmas. Checked in on-line, and the bag drop line was long but they moved it along very quickly. There was certainly no issue with any waits or delays so I wouldn't be worried about it.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Smerri
There was certainly no issue with any waits or delays...
Well, other than that snowstorm which cancelled a boatloat of flights.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Between our EMS, UA premier status and TSA pre-check, I'm not too worried about security. It's the bag drop that is troubling. So it sounds like there is a separate line for bag drop both inside and outside...but these lines are not necessarily short. Good to know.

Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2014, 7:10 am

Programs: B6, Amtrak, DL, AA, Marriott, Hilton
A bit of a repeat here, but yes, I've arrived and seen that massive bag drop line at times, but it's rare for it to not move quickly. At those busy times, they have a lot of agents working the bag drop counters, and it really is an express line since the vast majority of passengers are very simple transactions (check IDs & boarding passes), tag bags, go.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Ericka
Between our EMS, UA premier status and TSA pre-check, I'm not too worried about security.
If you got PreCheck via Global Entry make sure to put your known traveler ID in the reservation so you can be eligible for PreCheck on JetBlue as well.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
If you got PreCheck via Global Entry make sure to put your known traveler ID in the reservation so you can be eligible for PreCheck on JetBlue as well.
Thanks. Yes, I saw that was an option on the jetblue website. We're on it!
Old Jan 9, 2014, 11:32 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Ericka
Thanks. Yes, I saw that was an option on the jetblue website. We're on it!
And make sure you use mobile boarding passes in that case, since it doesn't work (yet) with the printed ones.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scolbath
And make sure you use mobile boarding passes in that case, since it doesn't work (yet) with the printed ones.
OK. Thanks. Of course, this isn't until April. We'll look into it again at that time.
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by tkey75
Which is where EMS becomes more critical. The main line can get very long and move at a crawl.
Between all of United's elites and all of the people with the EMS seats, I often elect to skip the EMS lane as the regular one sometimes is shorter and moves faster!
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:59 am

Programs: US SP, JetBlue Mosaic, AMEX Plat
Any news/updates on when United will finally vacate Terminal C?

... and subsequently news on a lounge in Terminal C for B6 like Airspace at T5 at JFK? I heard they would be converting the old United Club once United finally leaves.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Follow up question....Is the TSA precheck at BOS working now with online checkin boarding passes?

Oh, and UA is moving to their new terminal at the end of April.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.