Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Cabin Design

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2013, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
Redeye flights are a major factor for west to east transcons. You can't get to the east coast from LAX or SFO in the morning without taking a redeye given the time change and the flight length. If you don't want to go the day before and have another night in a hotel, being able to sleep on the flight is a very important factor.
Good point.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 9:27 am

How will JetBlue be able to attract corporate customer for this new premium cabin? Don't most already have long-term deals with AA or UA?
Old Aug 6, 2013, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by CenterWaters
How will JetBlue be able to attract corporate customer for this new premium cabin? Don't most already have long-term deals with AA or UA?
Those contracts are rarely long-term and also rarely exclusive. Adding another airline to the 'preferred booking partners' list generally isn't too hard. And if JetBlue can offer the product at a price point which is competitive with the other carriers - whether via a corporate discount or just cheaper straight up - they have a chance to make it work.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:23 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by sbm12
Those contracts are rarely long-term and also rarely exclusive. Adding another airline to the 'preferred booking partners' list generally isn't too hard. And if JetBlue can offer the product at a price point which is competitive with the other carriers - whether via a corporate discount or just cheaper straight up - they have a chance to make it work.
In addition, Jetblue has said they are also targeting those without corporate contracts (i.e. small businesses, self-employed people, etc.) who don't get corporate discounts. It sounds like the pricing may end up being significantly cheaper than booking directly with the legacies, without any discounts, but may be in line with what a lot of corporate customers get once you factor in their discounts.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by dw
It sounds like the pricing may end up being significantly cheaper than booking directly with the legacies, without any discounts, but may be in line with what a lot of corporate customers get once you factor in their discounts.
That's how I'm reading it as well. Once you accept that most of the passengers on paid seats up front are buying at the discounted rate anyways it isn't all that hard to choose to simply offer it to anyone willing to pay it rather than only to some.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12
That's how I'm reading it as well. Once you accept that most of the passengers on paid seats up front are buying at the discounted rate anyways it isn't all that hard to choose to simply offer it to anyone willing to pay it rather than only to some.
Seems like a really smart strategic move, and if they succeed, it would really have the legacy carriers up in arms.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 12:04 pm

I got to try the seats out today. Admittedly not the final product and very much in a test layout in the LIC offices so no other cabin bits around. They are comfy. The pair of seats is fine as is the single. There is a TON of space on the window side of the single seat, as well as two outlets there. Really a lot of space in the seat. The new "core" seats (economy) are pretty comfy, too. I didn't sit on them for long but I think they're probably better than the NEK seats Lufty is running. It is a little thing, but winged headrests will be nice. I was missing that on my flights last week.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:31 am
Used to be 'FTcadence'

JetBlue to Roll-Out Business Class Seat From June

JetBlue's 9:30 JFK-LAX flight on June 15th will be the first to offer the new business class seats. By 2014's end, all 7 transcon flights will have Mint.

The SFO-JFK route will get them on October 26th and by the end of 2015's Q1, all 5 transcend flights will have Mint.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...ess-class-seat
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:20 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by TravelingPeanut
JetBlue's 9:30 JFK-LAX flight on June 15th will be the first to offer the new business class seats. By 2014's end, all 7 transcon flights will have Mint.

The SFO-JFK route will get them on October 26th and by the end of 2015's Q1, all 5 transcend flights will have Mint.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/new...ess-class-seat
I'll be in a mint suite on the 18th-- can't wait! I was able to use my travel bank credits and get the suite for free-- cant get much better than that.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 8:03 am

Programs: trueblue ,mileageplus skymiles, hilton honors silver
Mint suite

Originally Posted by FLIHGH
I'll be in a mint suite on the 18th-- can't wait! I was able to use my travel bank credits and get the suite for free-- cant get much better than that.
I will be on the same flight (but not in the suite) . I am in seat 3B at the moment but I am hoping for a suite to open.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: TrueBlue, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by bmg42000
I will be on the same flight (but not in the suite) . I am in seat 3B at the moment but I am hoping for a suite to open.
Look forward to meeting you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.