Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

Airspace Lounge in JFK's Terminal 5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2013, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond

Has anyone used the new lounge yet?
Old Aug 3, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors Diamond
Went through when I was on a sit in JFK and it looks really nice. The agent working said it starts to fill up in the afternoon with Aer Lingus's business class customers but they are seeing quite a bit of people buying passes along with Amex cardholders.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I was in there the day before it opened. At that point there were still a bunch of construction guys doing all sorts of work in there but I got to see the full layout and try some of the snacks. It is a pretty nice facility, though small. Going in mid-afternoon prior to the EI flights will likely be a bit crowded.

Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold :-)
I'll be flying HA JFK-HNL soon, so I'll probably pop in. AMEX Plat here - do you know if we also receive the 'credit' towards their premium menu?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 2:26 pm
Company Representative, AirSpace Lounges

Originally Posted by MDTyKe
I'll be flying HA JFK-HNL soon, so I'll probably pop in. AMEX Plat here - do you know if we also receive the 'credit' towards their premium menu?
Hi MDTyKe.

Yes, you will get a $10 credit for you and each of your guests or immediate family. So if you happen to have two guests you'll be handed a complimentary $30 credit.

In addition, Peet's coffee & tea, cappuccino, espresso, fresh fruit, snack mix, etc. are included and unlimited; as is the shower facility and business center.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: AA, WN, BA, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I popped into the Airspace lounge this past Wednesday. The staff is super friendly and helpful. The lounge itself is small and I felt a bit cramped at times. The menu is decent, although prices seemed a bit high, I think having a $10 credit caused some inflation on the menu.

I didn't try the shower facilities, but plan on next time. Considering how large T5 is, I'm a bit surprised at how small the lounge is. I realize that its not associated with Jetblue, and you can only either buy a pass or use Amex Plat, but I would think that there would be a fair number of people willing to pay for the lounge for a shower or the business center.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 5:32 pm

Went back to the lounge early this morning as I had a flight arriving into JFK at 6am. The lounge was deserted, and I had a chance to try out the shower facilities. As mentioned before in this thread, the lounge is small, and has 2 levels. The shower facility is on the lower level (the door is marked simply as restroom). There is a clean towel wrapped in plastic and a small amenity kit containing a toothbrush and toothpaste, comb, earplugs, eye mask, and possibly another item or two. The strange part was I couldn't find any soap or shampoo. The shower is a rain style head, and quite pleasant.

There is a very small meeting room, that has glass walls, so not much privacy (perhaps the glass is frosted during meetings). The meeting room also has a wireless printer, but I was unable to print anything as the laptop could not link to the printer properly.

Overall, I really like the lounge, the staff is super friendly, the $10 credit is a nice touch, and the facilities are comfortable and convenient.

Tip: You gotta try the toilet, its quite an experience!
Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:03 pm

Went back to the lounge early this morning as I had a flight arriving into JFK at 6am. The lounge was deserted, and I had a chance to try out the shower facilities. As mentioned before in this thread, the lounge is small, and has 2 levels. The shower facility is on the lower level (the door is marked simply as restroom). There is a clean towel wrapped in plastic and a small amenity kit containing a toothbrush and toothpaste, comb, earplugs, eye mask, and possibly another item or two. The strange part was I couldn't find any soap or shampoo. The shower is a rain style head, and quite pleasant.

There is a very small meeting room, that has glass walls, so not much privacy (perhaps the glass is frosted during meetings). The meeting room also has a wireless printer, but I was unable to print anything as the laptop could not link to the printer properly.

Overall, I really like the lounge, the staff is super friendly, the $10 credit is a nice touch, and the facilities are comfortable and convenient.

Tip: You gotta try the toilet, its quite an experience!
Old Sep 8, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Was there this morning. 9am on a Sunday and only four of us. Imagine it's going to get quite crowded as it becomes known. Surely lots of Amex Plats in NYC plus the other guests allowed in. At some point on busy weekday afternoons they'll have to limit probably those who can buy a pass. $10 credit was nice; breakfast sandwich cost $8 so there was leftover. It's a nice respite from an increasingly loud and crowded terminal but can see this small lounge eventually also being loud and crowded.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 7:45 pm

I was in a few hours after you (around noon) with a similar number of passengers. And I also had the breakfast sandwich. Plus a whole bunch of chex mix.

The price can vary based on crowding so I wouldn't be at all surprised to hear it at $35 around the EI flight time versus the $25 at other times.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 7:49 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond

Bummer. I was just at T5 at end of August with wife and kids. But definitely if the lounge is small, it will get crowded with Amex Plat.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 1:00 pm

I was there on 9/27, gained access through the wife's Plat. We got a $20 credit (because there were 2 of us perhaps?). Nice lounge. Bartender was heavy handed on my Glenfiddich, which I loved.

Most of the passengers were on the redeye Aer Lingus flight. Nice lounge, but definitely small.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by infamousdx
We got a $20 credit (because there were 2 of us perhaps?).
Yup...$10/person.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 2:55 pm

Thought I'd post my observations of the lounge, having had the opportunity to use it twice recently. The first time was after a redeye from LGB; I needed a shower, and was willing to pay for it. I also had 4 hours to kill before my connecting flight, which made it even more worthwhile.

This was a Friday morning, and at no point was the lounge "packed." The attendant was friendly and helpful, and made sure I had everything I needed. The breakfast selections were "meh," but I did use $8 of my $10 credit for something to tide me over. Overall, a decent experience, and I felt it was worth the expense.

I've since acquired an AmEx Platinum card for my business, and used the club again last week (since it was one of the perks of AmEx membership). This was while waiting for my (nearly) regular flight 108 JFK -> PWM on Wednesday night. As before, the club was sparsely populated, and I used my $10 credit for an adult beverage. I was a bit surprised that Dewars wasn't on the scotch menu, which seemed to consist of increasingly expensive colors of JW. I settled for Red, and got comfortable for what turned out to be an extended stay.

Had my flight been on-schedule, I most likely would have left the lounge at 10:15pm or so. Unfortunately, as is often the case with "last flight of the night" schedules, my departure for PWM was significantly delayed and, as 10:30pm approached, the lounge's noise level began to increase dramatically. This wasn't due in any way to the guests . . . the lounge staff felt it was extremely important to close the place down and exit by 11pm sharp.

Vacuum cleaners, rattling trays, dishes/silverware/glasses clattering and clinking . . . quite the cacophony for what's supposed to be a place to relax. I'll be back there again this week, but I doubt I'll stay past 10:15pm regardless of the status of my flight.

Be forewarned . . . for most of the day the lounge is fine. But if you're staying past 10pm, it's not that pleasant a place to visit.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:26 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold
Stay away!

After taking the red-eye from SFO, I just wanted to shower before heading to Manhattan for a work meeting.

When I arrived, there was only one person working the entire lounge. I stood at the front waiting for her to tend bar, serve food, and finally come to check me in.

I told her all I wanted to do was shower, and asked if the shower was available. She said yes and charged me the $27 to enter.

I got in the shower only to find that the water was ICE cold. I let it run for 5-10 min., and it was still ice cold. I got dressed and went out to ask if there was a problem. She responded "Yeah, there's no hot water today."

On a 22 degree day in NYC, the last thing I wanted was an ice cold shower. I asked if I could just get a refund and leave. She said she couldn't approve that, but I could wait for the manager who would arrive. In 2 hours. Um, no thanks.

So, I paid $27 for a bad cup of coffee in a small, claustrophobic and understaffed "lounge."

JFK Terminal 5 is modern, vast, and much more comfortable than this lounge. The terminal has free WiFi, all kinds of comfortable seats and work desks and abundant electrical outlets. Save yourself the money and relax in the terminal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.