AA/US Merger effect on B6

Subscribe
Now that AA/US decided to merge, will the partnership between AA and B6 be cancelled? Note that the New AA will be in direct competition with many B6 routes.
Quote: Now that AA/US decided to merge, will the partnership between AA and B6 be cancelled? Note that the New AA will be in direct competition with many B6 routes.
Which markets will it be competing with B6 with? AA/B6 have duked it out in San Juan and Boston already, so it's not like they haven't gone head to head before anyways...
Quote: Which markets will it be competing with B6 with? AA/B6 have duked it out in San Juan and Boston already, so it's not like they haven't gone head to head before anyways...
I am thinking of most routes out of JFK and DCA.
B6's new PHL-BOS service would compete since US Airways is VERY big in PHL.
Quote: Which markets will it be competing with B6 with? AA/B6 have duked it out in San Juan and Boston already, so it's not like they haven't gone head to head before anyways...
I am talking about the mileage earnings agreement between AA and B6. Will it be cancelled?
Well in terms of Boston.. there is a good chance this US Flyer will be visiting B6 alot more often. I'd love to see some tighter integration with LH though...
Just for fun

http://blog.jetblue.com/index.php/20...-and-lovin-it/
considering they will consolidate some routes I would think it would open up slots at some of the airports possibly for bidding. Wonder if any conditions will be put on the merger
Maybe, maybe not related, but I believe it's fait accompli that the option of AAdvantage miles for B6 flights to/from Boston will end. The partnership supports the B6 feeds to AA's BOS-LHR flight, which will end at the end of March. It immediately will be a superfluous expense to AA. This will be one of the loose ends cleaned up if it even lasts to the merger. I'll miss my BOS/SFO commute on the best domestic coach product in the US.
Quote: I'll miss my BOS/SFO commute on the best domestic coach product in the US.
Why will you miss it... Virgin America still flies from BOS to SFO.
Quote: Why will you miss it... Virgin America still flies from BOS to SFO.
Good point. But I've been so satisfied with the JetBlue flights earning AA miles that I haven't gotten to Virgin yet.
Quote: Maybe, maybe not related, but I believe it's fait accompli that the option of AAdvantage miles for B6 flights to/from Boston will end. The partnership supports the B6 feeds to AA's BOS-LHR flight, which will end at the end of March. It immediately will be a superfluous expense to AA. This will be one of the loose ends cleaned up if it even lasts to the merger. I'll miss my BOS/SFO commute on the best domestic coach product in the US.
I often fly B6 between BOS and BWI/DCA and credit the miles to AA. I too am sure that this partnership will end soon, but I'm hopeful that B6 will make similar arrangements with UA. UA doesn't fly to Europe from BOS, but LH and LX do.
Quote: considering they will consolidate some routes I would think it would open up slots at some of the airports possibly for bidding. Wonder if any conditions will be put on the merger
I'm betting that some slots at DCA will be ceded; otherwise not too much.
Quote: Why will you miss it... Virgin America still flies from BOS to SFO.
But the VX product isn't the best coach offering out there. Then again, B6 isn't going to stop flying the route so I'm not sure what the problem is, other than the points. That they didn't count towards elite credit with AA makes me wonder just how many people actually used them that way.

Quote: I'm hopeful that B6 will make similar arrangements with UA. UA doesn't fly to Europe from BOS, but LH and LX do.
Wouldn't it then make sense to make the arrangements with LH/LX, not UA?? Putting aside the ATI/JV where UA gets some revenue for those passengers, wouldn't the whole *A group benefit more from having the passengers carried on their partner metal rather than a 3rd party to get to the gateway?
Quote: I'm betting that some slots at DCA will be ceded; otherwise not too much.
But the VX product isn't the best coach offering out there. Then again, B6 isn't going to stop flying the route so I'm not sure what the problem is, other than the points. That they didn't count towards elite credit with AA makes me wonder just how many people actually used them that way.
I find the VX product and offering superior to B6.
Less free snacks, but actually quality meal + alcohol offerings.

Also their planes have a far greater percentage of on-time arrivals.
Quote: I am thinking of most routes out of JFK and DCA.
Also B6 from CLT to NYC.