Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

advisories for Sandy added for the northeast

Old Oct 26, 2012, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, DL, FL A+ Elite, AA

Some East Coast airports were just added to the list for fee waivers

https://www.jetblue.com/JetblueAlert...al_travelalert

But my question is, suppose I have an overnight trip scheduled for 10/30 - 10/31. The departure date is covered by the waiver but the return isn't. Can I change both ends of the ticket fee-free? Obviously, delaying only the start by a day isn't helpful in this case.

(Disclaimer: I do realize that calling JetBlue would be the best way to answer my question, but I've been on hold for a looooong while.)
Old Oct 27, 2012, 5:36 am

I've also tried calling them and been placed in phone line limbo. I guess I'm not the only one with questions.

My flight is PBI-LGA on the 31st which is currently not covered so I'm wondering if they are planning to run as usual by that time.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 5:49 am

I've also tried calling them and been placed in phone line limbo. I guess I'm not the only one with questions.

My flight is PBI-LGA on the 31st which is currently not covered so I'm wondering if they are planning to run as usual by that time.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Update: they let me switch both legs of my trip, and I was also able to change the airport to a more convenient one in the same city. No fees, no additional fare. Thanks, JetBlue!
Old Oct 27, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Anyone know when flights to JFK will start getting canceled. I am scheduled to fly SJU-JFK tomorrow evening at 6:40pm arriving at 10:44pm. Wondering if I should take an 8:00am flight instead?
Old Oct 27, 2012, 8:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LynchMob
Anyone know when flights to JFK will start getting canceled. I am scheduled to fly SJU-JFK tomorrow evening at 6:40pm arriving at 10:44pm. Wondering if I should take an 8:00am flight instead?
If you can do it you should. They plan to operate "most" of the Sunday schedule but the later it gets the more likely you are to be affected.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 4:12 pm

JetBlue has extended the waiver window to include flights through 10 November. :-:
Old Oct 29, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by sbm12
JetBlue has extended the waiver window to include flights through 10 November. :-:
To be clear, you can rebook an affected flight to now travel as late as Nov 10th but eligible for free change bookings are only for travel 10/31/12 or sooner.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 9:53 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
An update from me, I am trying to rebook my business partner that was supposed to fly JFK MCO BOG today

Today's flight has been cancelled and last night they booked him on what they said was the next flight on Sunday 4th Nov

Last night JetBlue was booking flights on 31st Oct, today they have cancelled that flight too and booked our guy on Thursday 1 Nov's flight.

So nothing for the next three days from JetBlue.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Last night JetBlue was booking flights on 31st Oct, today they have cancelled that flight too and booked our guy on Thursday 1 Nov's flight.

So nothing for the next three days from JetBlue.
By nothing you mean nothing to BOG, or that they're not operating out of the NYC airports on 10/31? Thanks!
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by sheremetyevo
By nothing you mean nothing to BOG, or that they're not operating out of the NYC airports on 10/31? Thanks!
There is no non stop flight to BOG so by nothing on 31/10 I mean there is no flight to MCO out of NYC on that date to connect to the BOG flight.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
As the NYC area airports are all closed until further notice, it would not make sense to book any new people on flights for the 31st. LGA and JFK are both barely above sea level and could be flooded. Once the storm is over and damaged can be assessed, a decision can be made as to when the airports will reopen. Until this happens, hang tight and stay safe.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:03 am

No cancelations yet for the 31st.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:48 am

PANYNJ is saying that JFK should be open on 31 October. Not so much for LGA.

Mass transit likely won't be running so getting to flights might be a challenge but is seems that JFK will be operating.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:27 pm

Blog update from JetBlue

http://blog.jetblue.com/index.php/20...rricane-sandy/

LGA looks like a sea port

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.