Wiki Posts
Search

Connecting time SJU

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2012, 11:50 am
Original Poster

Connecting time SJU

hello all,

iŽll be flying on b6 from sxm via sju to mco. since booking i got 2 schedule changes that reduced my connecting time at sju from 110 min to 100 min down to now 90 min. time to start worrying...? iŽve never flown b6 before and i have a few questions to the seasoned b6-flyers:

a) are 90 min sufficient to clear immigration, customs and proceed to the next flight?
b) how does b6 handle misconnex if caused by a delay of their first leg?

i appreciate any comments.

midnightflight
Old Sep 8, 2012, 4:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The 90 minutes should be fine. If you misconnect you'll be confirmed on the next available flight with seats open and, if that isn't the next scheduled flight you will be able to list as standby for the earlier ones.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 4:43 am
Original Poster

thank you very much, sbm12! that would mean being stuck at sju over night. do they assist stranded passengers finding a hotel to stay, like providing a hotel list or something similar, in such cases?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 5:06 am

Probably not on the hotel unless it was their fault that the flight was delayed in to SJU. They might have "distressed passenger" vouchers for hotel discounts (I usually ask at baggage claim from other airlines) which could help.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 5:49 am
Original Poster

ok, then iŽll memorize the term "distress passenger voucher" - havenŽt heard that before. i dinŽt expect them to pay for a hotel as i know we are talking about travelling in the usa and not europe i was more thinking of a hotel list with contact information that the lost passenger can use to make arrangements. but it is certainly nice to know that this kind of vouchers exist. and i really hope that the 90 min. are sufficient to catch my flight.

the next flight - would this also include the possibility to choose a flight to fll instead of mco? then at least i could try to get to my final destination the same night with a rental car.

another question:
if b6 should send another schedule change prior to departure that even more reduces my connecting time: how are my chances to get rebooked onto another flight, e.g. sxm-jfk-mco?

sorry fot these stupid questions, but iŽm not familiar with jetblue.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 6:22 am

You might be able to convince the agent in SJU to push you to the FLL flight instead. No guarantees, but once operations go pear-shaped some flexibility can enter the situation. Ditto for the JFK connection option. Unlikely that they'll go for it but you can ask.

The minimum connect time in SJU is 60 minutes for international -> domestic so unless the schedule drops below that I wouldn't expect JetBlue to do anything until day of travel.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:50 am
Original Poster

thank you very much, sbm12!
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:23 am

Is the connect time still 60 minutes for international --> domestic in SJU? We are flying Cape Air from EIS tortola through SJU to Jet Blue on our way back to the east coast.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.