Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

PVD to be Announced Next Wednesday

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2012, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

It looks like JetBlue will finally announce that that it is coming to PVD in Rhode Island. This comes as no big surprise and will be officially announced next Wednesday (July 18th). Here is a link to a press report:

http://www2.turnto10.com/business/20...en-ar-1102427/

I assume they will be flying initially to MCO and FLL. And maybe they will, at some point, try flights to PBI, RSW and/or TPA. It's impressive how many flights a day they run out of Boston to Florida.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Yes, they will start 2x MCO & 2x FLL and BOS or JFK as well. Let's wait and see.

Keep fingered crossed....Shhhhh...It is surprise.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yes, they will start 2x MCO & 2x FLL and BOS or JFK as well. Let's wait and see.

Keep fingered crossed....Shhhhh...It is surprise.
PVD to BOS, I doubt it. PVD-JFK, maybe
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ellinj
PVD to BOS, I doubt it. PVD-JFK, maybe
You will definitely see PBI, TPA, NAS, SJU as well or maybe even west coast flight. It's whether B6 will decide to start more specific routes.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 7:41 am

More options for us at PVD. Maybe that will drive prices down a little. Not that the prices are bad now to destination like TPA or MCO but WN has the non stop market cornered on these routes. If they fly into JFK, that would be great for making connections on AA. I don't think we have had JFK and or LGA service in a while.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Definitely
PVD-JFK
PVD-SJU

One of these two: both will have O&D and connecting opportunities
PVD-MCO
PVD-FLL

Dark horse
PVD-SDQ 2-3x weekly service
Old Jul 15, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: AA-P, B6, DL, SW, SPG_M-P, AGR-S+
Originally Posted by N830MH
You will definitely see PBI, TPA, NAS, SJU as well or maybe even west coast flight. It's whether B6 will decide to start more specific routes.
There won't be any nonstops PVD-west coast until they extend the runway at PVD. Any rumors of when service might start? I've got some PVD-MCO trips to book, but I'll hold off if there's a chance there might be low introductory fares (or matching of said fares) by the other airlines.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, rif-raf on most others; MBTA "valued customer"
PVD

Dark horse
PVD-SDQ 2-3x weekly service
Does PVD even have the USCBP facilities to handle inbound flights from the DR?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 8:15 pm
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by bosnyc
Does PVD even have the USCBP facilities to handle inbound flights from the DR?
Although they are an "international" airport, that is a good question as I believe their only international destinations are Toronto where one clears customs prior to departure. That said, to be an "international" airport, do you need to have a CBP presense at the airport?
Old Jul 15, 2012, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, rif-raf on most others; MBTA "valued customer"
That said, to be an "international" airport, do you need to have a CBP presense at the airport?
My guess would be "no." Something tells me that although MSV is an international airport, I highly doubt they have CBP folks onhand...I'm sure there are hundreds of other airports in the same boat.
Old Jul 15, 2012, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
According to this, yes,

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...inspection.pdf

I thought I recall that there were several charter carriers currently operating from PVD with flights to Portugal/Azores

Last edited by ellinj; Jul 15, 2012 at 8:55 pm
Old Jul 16, 2012, 5:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ellinj
According to this, yes,

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...inspection.pdf

I thought I recall that there were several charter carriers currently operating from PVD with flights to Portugal/Azores
That list includes Love Field and Hobby in Texas, neither of which actually have the appropriate facilities. The Feds can offer inspection at them on an ad hoc basis for charter or private flights but no carrier is going to have scheduled service without real facilities in place. My experience arriving in to ISP on an international flight was that the Feds had a guy drive out from JFK with a stamp and he processed the dozen of us in to the country. I would guess that PVD does the same with agents from BOS.

I expect Florida flights to come from this. Unlikely to see JFK or SJU in my opinion.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbm12
That list includes Love Field and Hobby in Texas, neither of which actually have the appropriate facilities. The Feds can offer inspection at them on an ad hoc basis for charter or private flights but no carrier is going to have scheduled service without real facilities in place. My experience arriving in to ISP on an international flight was that the Feds had a guy drive out from JFK with a stamp and he processed the dozen of us in to the country. I would guess that PVD does the same with agents from BOS.

I expect Florida flights to come from this. Unlikely to see JFK or SJU in my opinion.
Right, only FLL & MCO instead of going through JFK or BOS. Because both route is very shorter flight but, they won't even served the beverage. They have no time for that.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: PC Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,HHonors Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
At one time there were charters to the Azores from PVD. I do not know if they still do as its not listed on their website. As others have said the only flight that comes from outside the US is the Air Canada flight from Toronto.

I am really happy that B6 is flying out of PVD as now I do not have to drive to BDL and BOS. For years I had to fly WN but last year I tried B6 to Florida from BDL and my family and I loved it.

Any transcontinental plans are far off as I have read that the runway project expected completion date is 2016.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:08 am

Programs: DL GM
Transcon service would be out of BDL to start. The market has been around alot longer. Thats if it happens at all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.