Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > JetBlue | TrueBlue
Reload this Page >

east coast flights canceled - jetblue waiving cancel fees

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2012, 5:36 am
Original Poster

NE travel alert
NE FEE WAIVERS

Last Updated: 6/23/2012 7:23:00 AM EST

Due to inclement weather forecasted for the East Coast and technical system outage at the FAA Tech Center in ACY (Atlantic City) impacting flight operations today, Friday, June 22, and tomorrow, June 23, 2012, we will waive change/cancel fees and fare differences for Customers traveling to/from the following cities meeting the specified travel criteria. Customers may rebook new travel through Wednesday June 27, 2012, by calling 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) prior to the departure of their originally scheduled flight. Customers with cancelled flights may opt for a refund. Original travel must have been booked on or before June 22, 2012.

All Customers traveling to/from the airports listed below are encouraged to check the status of their flight online prior to leaving for the airport. Customers with web-enabled cell phones and PDAs may check the status of their flight at mobile.jetblue.com.

WASHINGTON D.C METRO / Richmond, VA:

Baltimore, MD (BWI)
Reagan National (DCA)
Washington/Dulles (IAD)
Richmond, VA (RIC)

NEW YORK METRO / Syracuse / Buffalo / Rochester / Pittsburgh:

Pittsburgh, PA (PIT)
New York, NY (JFK)
New York, NY (LGA)
Newark, NJ (EWR)
Newburgh, NY (SWF)
Rochester, NY (ROC)
Syracuse, NY (SYR)
Westchester County: White Plains, NY (HPN)

BOSTON METRO, Burlington / PORTLAND, ME

Bradley, CT (BDL)
Boston, MA (BOS)
Burlington, VT (BTV)
Portland, ME (PWM)

GDS Waiver Code: WXB6FIND12
Please use this code when waiving change/cancel fees and fare differences on GDS bookings
Old Jun 23, 2012, 6:47 am

Programs: SPG Plat US G Delta G
When did this get posted on the trueblue site?

I see that it was last updated this morning, but it would have been nice to know this yesterday. Wife had a 6.5 hour delay in PIT en route to JFK yesterday... even made it up to the runway at one point before being turned around.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
JFK was a mess yesterday; the whole terminal area was a complete zoo with lines stretching everywhere for check-in. To be fair, almost every counter was open and most agents were working hard but they really needed more agents to direct people and answer questions about which line to get in. I waited over two hours to check-in (in part because I foolishly thought I could try to go standby on an earlier flight)--something I've never had to do before in my life (though trying to rebook in Munich during a snowstorm came close). It makes me appreciate the perks of status when there are irrops. The funny thing is that I had heard good things about JetBlue and wanted to try them for this flight to MCO. But I think the advantages of having elite status trump the fun of trying a new airline when there is even a possibility of problems (so any east coast airport in winter (snow) or summer (thunderstorms).
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:11 pm

Programs: SPG Plat US G Delta G
JFK appears to be a mess again today....
Old Jun 26, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: Marriott Plat
The JFK check-in lobby is too busy even on a normal day. IROPs cause a lot of problems. Hopefully they'll put more space in as part of the T5i expansion.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: UA, DL, B6, WN
I was at T5 yesterday - survived and made it to my final destination only a couple of hours late. However, I'm pretty sure that the 6 agents at a fully staffed service bar only made minimal progress - the same passenger was at the head of the line for at least a solid 1/2 hour. Still, it looked like when they were able to, all the customer service reps were very accommodating and in good spirits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.