Wiki Posts
Search

LGB-ORD cancelled eff. 6/21

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold,DL Gold
LGB-ORD cancelled eff. 6/21

At one a day they were hardly attracting any high fare paying passengers.

Considering it was considered a non rev nirvana flight I'm surprised it lasted this long.

Anyone know where the LGB slot will go to?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by flyingcat

Considering it was considered a non rev nirvana flight I'm surprised it lasted this long.

Friggin' Jet America had better success on a Mad Dog MD80...
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: US Chairmans Preferred, AA, UA, DL, Hilton HHonors Diamond
LGB-ORD Cancelled

This is disappointing. When B6 added this flight, it was primarily due to the significant requests from LGB passengers. We need LGB-ORD (or MDW) flights from LGB... if there were frequencies, passengers would come. What I found myself doing is that when the schedule did not work for my business travel needs, I would still fly LGB-PHX-ORD on US rather than drive to LAX or SNA.

LGB passengers are very loyal to LGB even if it requires a connection... but we really love our non-stop flights.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 6:52 am

Seems like B6 is having a tough time at ORD, generally. BOS-ORD was 4x daily in the fall, but now down to 2x daily.

I think going into that market is tough. LAX-CHI is dominated by AA, UA, and WN.

I fly to Chicago a few times a year from BOS, and I find the the B6 flights generally do not align with my schedule, even though I would prefer to take them over the other guys. Despite my preference, I'm not willing to lose a few hours in order to do so.

I suspect others are in the same boat.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by JayManLB
This is disappointing. When B6 added this flight, it was primarily due to the significant requests from LGB passengers. We need LGB-ORD (or MDW) flights from LGB... if there were frequencies, passengers would come. What I found myself doing is that when the schedule did not work for my business travel needs, I would still fly LGB-PHX-ORD on US rather than drive to LAX or SNA.

LGB passengers are very loyal to LGB even if it requires a connection... but we really love our non-stop flights.

The same LGB 'passengers' that bombarded B6 phones to protest a hub coming to LGB?

Sandwiched between two better known airports with a larger selection of service, is LGB destined to become an afterthought the way SJC/OAK have become in recent years? Likely already there?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by flyingcat

Spirit runs a modicum schedule in most of its markets and seems content. Granted, they have a vastly different product but essentially go after the same crowd; lower discretionary income fliers who don't fly enough to warrant a legacy FF and network.

ORD has been the LGB pipe dream since Jet America/Presidential Air days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.