Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Preboarding Procedure?

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Preboarding Procedure?

What is the preboarding procedure with Jetblue? I was flying this past week with my 18 month old son and wife from LGA-PBI. At LGA, the person at the gate was extremely rude when we asked about preboarding and snapped "listen to the announcements"

We asked this after they started calling rows (which I later found out were the EML) They then started with a normal preboarding.

Now at PBI, we had a stroller to gatecheck, and they proceeded to board the back of the plane first (which we were unable to do, due to the stroller we were told) and then they called the EML seats, and then general boarding for all rows, without giving us a chance to get on with the baby.

Being that we were sitting in row 23, it was very cumbersome and difficult standing in the aisle waiting for everyone else to stow their belongings. When I asked what happened to preboarding, I was told they announced it (which they did not, confirmed by others with babies and I was standing very close to the front)

Now, online I read that there are no longer announcements and you have to make a special request for preboarding. http://help.jetblue.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN...ase=obj(381591)

Can anyone shed any light on the STANDARD protocol for Jetblue and preboarding? I'm confused.

Thanks
Old May 31, 2012, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by blahze9
What is the preboarding procedure with Jetblue? I was flying this past week with my 18 month old son and wife from LGA-PBI. At LGA, the person at the gate was extremely rude when we asked about preboarding and snapped "listen to the announcements"

We asked this after they started calling rows (which I later found out were the EML) They then started with a normal preboarding.

Now at PBI, we had a stroller to gatecheck, and they proceeded to board the back of the plane first (which we were unable to do, due to the stroller we were told) and then they called the EML seats, and then general boarding for all rows, without giving us a chance to get on with the baby.

Being that we were sitting in row 23, it was very cumbersome and difficult standing in the aisle waiting for everyone else to stow their belongings. When I asked what happened to preboarding, I was told they announced it (which they did not, confirmed by others with babies and I was standing very close to the front)

Now, online I read that there are no longer announcements and you have to make a special request for preboarding. http://help.jetblue.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN...ase=obj(381591)

Can anyone shed any light on the STANDARD protocol for Jetblue and preboarding? I'm confused.

Thanks
I don't recall there being preboarding on JetBlue. Last time I had an EMS seat, I was the first passenger on the plane.

The EMS seats should board before the back of the plane, so I wonder if you're remembering the sequence correctly, unless the ground crew really changed things around.
Old May 31, 2012, 4:45 pm

The boarding procedure at jetBlue is as follows:

1) Even more space seats first followed by-

2) People traveling with small children/needs that little bit of extra time to get down the jetway

3) boarding from the rear of the aircraft first with rows 20-25 then 15-25 and then all rows all seats.

The link you provided seems to not be vaild to anything on jetblue.com

Anywho this is how boarding goes for a flight with B6 or how its supposed to go per company guidelines. Jetblue does offer a silent boarding which you can ask a gate agent to board before anyone else does. No announcement is made. You just board when the agent is ready to board usually 5-10 minutes before the scheduled boarding time. Obviously not every agent follows the rules. Ive seen one board people with children before EML seats before.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Preboarding Procedure?

On LGA-MCO the other day they quietly boarded the wheelchairs first, then the EMS seats. Not sure after that.

IMO, only passengers with children who need to belt in a car seat should be able to preboard. All others really don't need "extra time" and if they do, they're not being efficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.