Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue Amex - worth keeping?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:12 am

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Canceled mine last month, no offer made to keep me. Granted, I only used it for the signup bonus and to pay for one flight. Should have bought one more thing with it before I canceled as my B6 points will expire this fall if I don't fly on them again and have no trips scheduled.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 6:03 am

Programs: AMEX Cent AU, UA Plat, 9W Plat, Amtrak S+, HHonors Slv
I had called in to AMEX earlier today to ask about any good low-interest balance transfer cards, and was advised that the JetBlue Amex has a 3.99 intro offer for 15 months for all transfers, in addition to a fixed charge of 4% or 5$, whichever is greater.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by phillystudent
I had called in to AMEX earlier today to ask about any good low-interest balance transfer cards, and was advised that the JetBlue Amex has a 3.99 intro offer for 15 months for all transfers, in addition to a fixed charge of 4% or 5$, whichever is greater.
There are plenty of 0% no-fee balance transfer cards out there. Off the top of my head, I believe the Chase Slate card is one of them.
Old Apr 29, 2012, 9:00 pm

Programs: jetBlue TrueBlue, AAdvantage
I have had the jetBlue Amex since 2006, it was my first airline card. I have racked up a ton of points, granted with the old program I felt the card was more useful than it is now. I still earn a lot of points since I use the card a lot and it is nice that when I book a flight I get 8X points per dollar spent. I fly about 10-11x a year and most of my flights are on jetBlue, occasionally I fly American. It would be great if there were perks with the cards or some kind of status (free upgrades to EMS for FF or something). I do enjoy my flights on jetBlue, I should note I have only ever flown domestically.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by Ducati
There are plenty of 0% no-fee balance transfer cards out there. Off the top of my head, I believe the Chase Slate card is one of them.
Yeah... this just seems to be AMEX's current offering at the table for a low-interest card.

For some inexplicable reason, Chase does not want to approve me for their cards, beyond my CO/UA Presidential Plus card. It has a high credit limit, but even when I get rejected and call in, they insist that it is due to an internal scoring system that is giving me a low score, and not something that I can fix by divesting/reducing my credit limit on the other card. Oh well, that's a loss of business for Chase and an increase to AMEX.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:20 pm

Yeah... this just seems to be AMEX's current offering at the table for a low-interest card.

For some inexplicable reason, Chase does not want to approve me for their cards, beyond my CO/UA Presidential Plus card. It has a high credit limit, but even when I get rejected and call in, they insist that it is due to an internal scoring system that is giving me a low score, and not something that I can fix by divesting/reducing my credit limit on the other card. Oh well, that's a loss of business for Chase and an increase to AMEX.
What is your FICO like?
Old May 8, 2012, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Ducati
What is your FICO like?
Low 800's.
Old May 14, 2012, 11:44 am

Programs: SkyMiles, Dividend Miles, True Blue, Membership Rewards

Did you ever have any problems with any of the banks that Chase has merged with over the years?

I have seen them deny for something that happened 15 years and 4 bank mergers ago.

-Dave
Old May 16, 2012, 11:06 am

Not that I can think of. Credit history is long, thanks to my father opening a card when I was very young and routinely paying it off. That being said, my recent (~5 year) spending patterns have been much higher, since I'm actually utilizing the credit lines. But never missed a payment, etc.
Old May 31, 2012, 4:37 am

Programs: JB AA UA HHgold ICplat MRplat UR
Not that I can think of. Credit history is long, thanks to my father opening a card when I was very young and routinely paying it off. That being said, my recent (~5 year) spending patterns have been much higher, since I'm actually utilizing the credit lines. But never missed a payment, etc.
The value in the JB amex card is when you purchase tickets through jb and pay with the jb card you earn more points.

JB is not the same as other legacy airlines in a sense that they have no different trueblue tiers and etc, there's no such thing as 1st class and no meals. But they do offer great service, newer planes and more frequent direct flights to places other carriers don't cover well and thats the reason I fly jb. Although I do wish they'd offer more recognition for frequent flyers.

So... if you fly jb often and purchase your ticket online directly from jb it's a no brainer to keep the card especially with the retention offer. Also, having the card means your point won't expire after a year, but if you don't fly jb then it's a waste.

I still wouldnt cancel the card though if you already have it, amex might be able to upgrade or convert it to a different account with no annual fee.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 11:20 am
Suspended

Programs: AMEX Plat, AA EXP, DL Diamond Medallion, US, B6, SPG Gold,Marriott Gold,Hilton Gold,Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by FreeBird2k
But they do offer great service, newer planes and more frequent direct flights to places other carriers don't cover well and thats the reason I fly jb. Although I do wish they'd offer more recognition for frequent flyers.
Says the guy that is located in their mother fortress!
Old Jun 4, 2012, 9:43 am

Programs: JB AA UA HHgold ICplat MRplat UR
Originally Posted by krpjr
Says the guy that is located in their mother fortress!
I actually fly other birds on other airlines out of this mother fortress as well I still find JB more convenient. It's a matter of opinion.

edit: another point, if the airfare ever drops you can call and get credit for the difference.

Last edited by FreeBird2k; Jun 4, 2012 at 9:51 am
Old Jun 4, 2012, 11:32 am

Programs: Delta DM CO PE OZ GE AMTRAK
your card is about to become a lot more valuable with the possibilities of redemption on HA using B6 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.